Taycan 4S Cross Turismo

Taycan 4S Cross Turismo

Author
Discussion

BorkBorkBork

92 posts

19 months

Saturday 5th June
quotequote all
I’ve specc’d the DC charger option, but as stated above, only as a cheap arse covering exercise. Most 150kw UK charging points work off 960v I believe. On the continent it might be more useful by all accounts.

More here: https://www.drivingelectric.com/comment/1683/optio...

Edited by BorkBorkBork on Saturday 5th June 14:33

21ATS

Original Poster:

415 posts

40 months

Saturday 5th June
quotequote all
BorkBorkBork said:
I’ve specc’d the DC charger option, but as stated above, only as a cheap arse covering exercise. Most 150kw UK charging points work off 960v I believe. On the continent it might be more useful by all accounts.

More here: https://www.drivingelectric.com/comment/1683/optio...

Edited by BorkBorkBork on Saturday 5th June 14:33
Actually that's a very good article and reflects my position exactly. Up until 3 weeks ago I had zero interest in Electric cars, particualrly Tesla's, one You Tube video on the Taycan Cross Turismo and a lesson in company car tax rates and we had two on order.

I'm scratching my head about having to pay for a cable to charge my car. It's Porsche, it is what it is and I guess and it's unlikely to change.

And yes, paying for folding mirrors grated a little with me also on my £100,000 car spec.

SWoll

11,506 posts

226 months

Saturday 5th June
quotequote all
21ATS said:
BorkBorkBork said:
I’ve specc’d the DC charger option, but as stated above, only as a cheap arse covering exercise. Most 150kw UK charging points work off 960v I believe. On the continent it might be more useful by all accounts.

More here: https://www.drivingelectric.com/comment/1683/optio...

Edited by BorkBorkBork on Saturday 5th June 14:33
Actually that's a very good article and reflects my position exactly. Up until 3 weeks ago I had zero interest in Electric cars, particualrly Tesla's, one You Tube video on the Taycan Cross Turismo and a lesson in company car tax rates and we had two on order.

I'm scratching my head about having to pay for a cable to charge my car. It's Porsche, it is what it is and I guess and it's unlikely to change.

And yes, paying for folding mirrors grated a little with me also on my £100,000 car spec.
You don't need to pay for a cable. Standard 3 pin granny charged comes with the car, dedicated home chargers can be ordered with tethered cables and in 2 years I've never had to provide my own cable at a public charger.

Agree on the mirrors, and heated seats.

21ATS

Original Poster:

415 posts

40 months

Saturday 5th June
quotequote all
Front bum warmers are included, you only have to pay to have the rears as well.

JJMatrixx

595 posts

127 months

Monday 7th June
quotequote all
NoPDK said:
You don’t need to 150kw DC charging option if your in the U.K., your OPC is not up to speed
What he said was technically true, but yeah, that article casts some light on the fact that it's fair irrelevant.


Taffy66

4,695 posts

70 months

Monday 7th June
quotequote all
We did a round trip of 263miles in our Taycan 4S in the last 24 hours and arrived home with only 19miles to spare.! This translates to a real world range of 282miles on a mix of A roads, Motorways and city driving albeit hardly any with AC on. The bad news is we found the public charging network extremely unreliable both in locations and usability. Our hotel claimed to have charging docks which were both out of order. We also attempted to charge on the way home however the 50Kw one was also out of order so we risked going all the way home which we did with 19miles to spare.
Taycan is a brilliant car to drive however the UK's public charging network infrastructure is archaic and in need of immediate and substantial investment.

21ATS

Original Poster:

415 posts

40 months

Monday 7th June
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
We did a round trip of 263miles in our Taycan 4S in the last 24 hours and arrived home with only 19miles to spare.! This translates to a real world range of 282miles on a mix of A roads, Motorways and city driving albeit hardly any with AC on. The bad news is we found the public charging network extremely unreliable both in locations and usability. Our hotel claimed to have charging docks which were both out of order. We also attempted to charge on the way home however the 50Kw one was also out of order so we risked going all the way home which we did with 19miles to spare.
Taycan is a brilliant car to drive however the UK's public charging network infrastructure is archaic and in need of immediate and substantial investment.
Well coincidentally my dear old mum lives a 280 mile round trip from me. This was one of the things i had in mind when I was buying this car. If I go up I tend to stay overnight so I at least have the option to plug in for a trickle overnight.

The range is pretty decent based on what you achieved and it mirrors some of the YouTube videos I've been watching. Real world Porsche are being conservative, which given the VW diesel scandal isn't a surprise.

Too many reports of poor infrastructure are still a concern though, that really does need to be addressed.

Not Ideal

2,754 posts

156 months

Tuesday 8th June
quotequote all
BorkBorkBork said:
Very nice. I locked mine down this week.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM5P48T5
Looks pretty much how I'd spec mine !

SWoll

11,506 posts

226 months

Tuesday 8th June
quotequote all
Not Ideal said:
BorkBorkBork said:
Very nice. I locked mine down this week.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM5P48T5
Looks pretty much how I'd spec mine !
Lots of posters adding £4k extra on wheels yet sticking with the standard interior and seats?

Each to their own of course, just surprised.

Grr_Boris

123 posts

4 months

Tuesday 8th June
quotequote all
SWoll said:
Not Ideal said:
BorkBorkBork said:
Very nice. I locked mine down this week.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM5P48T5
Looks pretty much how I'd spec mine !
Lots of posters adding £4k extra on wheels yet sticking with the standard interior and seats?

Each to their own of course, just surprised.
Agreed, I’m intending to minimise the option cost on my car, but am considering the additional leather (or racetex) interior and 18-way seats, but with the standard wheels.

I do agree the 21” wheels look good though!

aponting389

622 posts

146 months

Tuesday 8th June
quotequote all
Yep each to their own exactly! To me the standard seats look lovely but the cheaper wheels look awful. Really tempted by one of these!

JJMatrixx

595 posts

127 months

Tuesday 8th June
quotequote all
aponting389 said:
Yep each to their own exactly! To me the standard seats look lovely but the cheaper wheels look awful. Really tempted by one of these!
You spend £100k on a car and want it to at least look good.

Numerous videos on YouTube saying how the standard interior is more than adequate and you really don't need extended leather.

21ATS

Original Poster:

415 posts

40 months

Tuesday 8th June
quotequote all
SWoll said:
Lots of posters adding £4k extra on wheels yet sticking with the standard interior and seats?

Each to their own of course, just surprised.
Funnily enough once we decided on buying rather than leasing we too another look at this.

I'd gone with the standard interior because I liked the black/chalk beige combo, it goes nicely with the Cherry metallic. Even if I upgraded I would still be going with the same colour combo so it's the best part of £3K for a dash and door tops in leather as I understand it. Our dealer couldn't find any other differences.

The seats however, we've now uprgaded. We were going with the seperate memory package but then discovered if you have standard seats it didn't include the electrical adjustable steering wheel or the mirrors as part of the memory package, which seemed a bit daft.

So I'm now going with the sports seats and upgraded leather, in Black/Chalk.

The wheels. I'm not a fan of any of the wheels, the 21" version are the least ugly IMO. I was toying with the idea of speccing the base wheels at 19" with winter tyres and buying a set of something nice for the summer, but after a while I reaslise it was a bit daft and I'll go with the 21" wheels. I don't like the diamond cut face though, I wanted them all satin gray so may end up getting them refinished.

I actually prefer the Mission E wheels which are only available on the saloon.

This is where I'm at now:-

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMAQCQI9



Edited by 21ATS on Wednesday 9th June 00:40

aponting389

622 posts

146 months

Tuesday 8th June
quotequote all
Lovely spec! Good info on the seats too thanks. What’s the lead time like for buying?

21ATS

Original Poster:

415 posts

40 months

Tuesday 8th June
quotequote all
We ordered two weeks ago with Porsche Tonbridge and are being told December delivery.

Edited by 21ATS on Tuesday 8th June 23:38

SWoll

11,506 posts

226 months

Tuesday 8th June
quotequote all
21ATS said:
SWoll said:
Lots of posters adding £4k extra on wheels yet sticking with the standard interior and seats?

Each to their own of course, just surprised.
Funnily enough once we decided on buying rather than leasing we too another look at this.

I'd gone with the standard interior because I liked the black/chalk beige combo, it goes nicely with the Cherry metallic. Even if I upgraded I would still be going with the same colour combo so it's the best part of £3K for a dash and door tops in leather as I understand it. Our dealer couldn't find any other differences.

The seats however, we've now uprgaded. We were going with the seperate memory package but then discovered if you have standard seats it didn't include the electrical adjustable steering wheel or the mirrors as part of the memory package, which seemed a bit daft.

So I'm now going with the sports seats and upgraded leather, in Black/Chalk.

The wheels. I'm not a fan of any of the wheels, the 21" version are the least ugly IMO. I was toying with the idea of speccing the base wheels at 19" with winter tyres and buying a set of something nice for the summer, but after a while I reaslise it was a bit daft and I'll go with the 21" wheels. I don't like the diamond cut face though, I wanted them all satin gray so may end up getting them refinished.

I actually prefer the Mission E wheels which are only available on the saloon.

This is where I'm at now:-

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMB7N9N8

Edited by 21ATS on Tuesday 8th June 19:37
Rather more to the extended leather than that, another ill informed dealer..



On the wheels I actually prefer the style of the available 20" options for around £1500 to the 21's at £3k, but again its a very personal thing.

JJMatrixx said:
aponting389 said:
Yep each to their own exactly! To me the standard seats look lovely but the cheaper wheels look awful. Really tempted by one of these!
You spend £100k on a car and want it to at least look good.

Numerous videos on YouTube saying how the standard interior is more than adequate and you really don't need extended leather.
I've seen the opposite with suggestions its very plasticky for a £100k and needs the extended leather. Plus you get the option of Black/crayon which really lifts quite a dark interior IMHO.

]

Edited by SWoll on Tuesday 8th June 23:32

21ATS

Original Poster:

415 posts

40 months

Tuesday 8th June
quotequote all
Ahh thanks for that, at least it makes it a little more worthwhile for the upgrade.

I didn't like the 20's once I saw them in person and much of the wheel was "filled in".

Edited by 21ATS on Tuesday 8th June 23:37

NoPDK

75 posts

74 months

Wednesday 9th June
quotequote all
Here are a few pics, still awaiting wash and PPF on the nose so not yet driven it but hoping to this weekend:

Oh, the high ride height in earlier pic was transport mode.




Digga

33,053 posts

251 months

Wednesday 9th June
quotequote all
SWoll said:
Lots of posters adding £4k extra on wheels yet sticking with the standard interior and seats?

Each to their own of course, just surprised.
Fur coat, no knickers, a.k.a. Cheshire spec.

To some, the 21” wheels are irresistible, so it’s understandable IMHO.

Pauloamore

197 posts

181 months

Wednesday 9th June
quotequote all
NoPDK said:
Here are a few pics, still awaiting wash and PPF on the nose so not yet driven it but hoping to this weekend:

Oh, the high ride height in earlier pic was transport mode.



Pretty car. Well done. Love it.