Taycan 4S Cross Turismo

Taycan 4S Cross Turismo

Author
Discussion

SWoll

11,506 posts

226 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
JJMatrixx said:
21ATS said:
SWoll said:
I see you've added the 22kw AC charger option?
I was looking at this also.

I'm waiting on a electrical survey of my house to see if what looks like a three phase incoming power is actually three phase. I was a little excited at the thought of having a 22kw ability to charge at home but then noticed it's another £1200 option on the car

However, if I do have three phase but don't go with the option of the 22kw AC, I'd still be charging at home at 11KW, which is just dandy.

I'm more inclined to option the 150KW DC option for £294 just to future proof the car in case that becomes a "thing". I'm less concerned about fast charging at home than I am fast charging when on a journey.

Edited by 21ATS on Thursday 10th June 09:52
The thing about home charging is it doesn't need to be fast. You need fast charging when out and about as you don't want to wait, and are used to quick fuel stops. But at home, you normally charge over night and 99% of the time that's going to replenish what you used during the day. I have a 3 phase supply and I honesly wouldn't bother with this having run a Tesla M3P for the last 2 years.
We've run our M3P for 18 months and 15k miles from a 3 pin granny charger. smile

Even a single phase 7kW is going to deliver 20+ miles of range per hour so unless you are covering 200+ miles per day, every day, it should be more than enough?

Grr_Boris

123 posts

4 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
Dal65 said:
Thanks. Have you seen the colour in the flesh? It was my first choice, but I thought it looked quite brown in some of the pictures. Not sure how it compares to Agate Grey (which is my choice of 992 GT3 colour), which is why I'm probably thinking about having the Taycan in Gentian Blue instead.

SWoll

11,506 posts

226 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
Grr_Boris said:
Dal65 said:
Thanks. Have you seen the colour in the flesh? It was my first choice, but I thought it looked quite brown in some of the pictures. Not sure how it compares to Agate Grey (which is my choice of 992 GT3 colour), which is why I'm probably thinking about having the Taycan in Gentian Blue instead.
Saw one in Volcano Grey just the other day, one of those colours that really shifts dependent on lighting but didn't look anywhere near as brown in the flesh as the configurator suggests. Nice, if a little plain I thought.


Triple Six

878 posts

90 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
NoPDK said:
Here are a few pics, still awaiting wash and PPF on the nose so not yet driven it but hoping to this weekend:

Oh, the high ride height in earlier pic was transport mode.



That looks fantastic, well done.

Dal65

141 posts

50 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
Yes I have see it, its not brown and I’m having Full PPF, which I may it have done in satin ppf

Grr_Boris

123 posts

4 months

Thursday 10th June
quotequote all
Dal65 said:
Yes I have see it, its not brown and I’m having Full PPF, which I may it have done in satin ppf
Maybe I’ll reconsider then!
smile

Dal65

141 posts

50 months

Friday 11th June
quotequote all
please see link ,this has good info on charging ETC https://ev-database.uk/car/1186/Porsche-Taycan-4-C...

21ATS

Original Poster:

416 posts

40 months

Saturday 12th June
quotequote all
I'm trying to find which option to select to give me the wheel finish I want.

In the Porsche video that appears on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3iVQDqIoTc&t=... at 3:28 you get a close up of the wheel in a satin finish, no polished bits.



Does anyone know what the finish is? All I can seem to find are non black or gold finished that have highly polished front faces.

Boss Hogg

97 posts

197 months

Saturday 12th June
quotequote all
21ATS said:
I'm trying to find which option to select to give me the wheel finish I want.

In the Porsche video that appears on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3iVQDqIoTc&t=... at 3:28 you get a close up of the wheel in a satin finish, no polished bits.



Does anyone know what the finish is? All I can seem to find are non black or gold finished that have highly polished front faces.
Option: Wheels painted in Vesuvius Grey

21ATS

Original Poster:

416 posts

40 months

Saturday 12th June
quotequote all
Boss Hogg said:
Option: Wheels painted in Vesuvius Grey
I wonder then if on the configurator this is a typo. It's the polished front face I want to get rid of. I'll have to get this clarified with the dealer.



Boss Hogg

97 posts

197 months

Saturday 12th June
quotequote all
the reference to highly polished face only applies when adding the option with the 21" Taycan Exclusive Design wheels.

for the 21" Cross Turismo Design wheels, the whole wheel is painted

21ATS

Original Poster:

416 posts

40 months

Saturday 12th June
quotequote all
Boss Hogg said:
the reference to highly polished face only applies when adding the option with the 21" Taycan Exclusive Design wheels.

for the 21" Cross Turismo Design wheels, the whole wheel is painted
Ahh got it now.

JJMatrixx

595 posts

127 months

Monday 14th June
quotequote all
Boss Hogg said:
21ATS said:
I'm trying to find which option to select to give me the wheel finish I want.

In the Porsche video that appears on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3iVQDqIoTc&t=... at 3:28 you get a close up of the wheel in a satin finish, no polished bits.



Does anyone know what the finish is? All I can seem to find are non black or gold finished that have highly polished front faces.
Option: Wheels painted in Vesuvius Grey
That really is an option you would never select.

21ATS

Original Poster:

416 posts

40 months

Monday 14th June
quotequote all
JJMatrixx said:
That really is an option you would never select.
Well I am, I don't like diamond cut laquered wheels, or black wheels either. I was tempted by the gold though.

I'm also most likely to go with the green now. I really like the spec of the launch car in the Porsche video - but I do like bright bold colour schemes. Life's too short to be completely monochrome IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fUFQ3E8m2U

Mamba Green with vesuvius satin wheels, but a 4S rather than a Turbo S.

Sticking with Chalk Beige Upgraded leather and sports seats.







Edited by 21ATS on Monday 14th June 22:52

JJMatrixx

595 posts

127 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
21ATS said:
Well I am, I don't like diamond cut laquered wheels, or black wheels either. I was tempted by the gold though.

I'm also most likely to go with the green now. I really like the spec of the launch car in the Porsche video - but I do like bright bold colour schemes. Life's too short to be completely monochrome IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fUFQ3E8m2U

Mamba Green with vesuvius satin wheels, but a 4S rather than a Turbo S.

Sticking with Chalk Beige Upgraded leather and sports seats.









Edited by 21ATS on Monday 14th June 22:52
TBH, it looks good in most colours so just personal preference. I do think the standard colour wheels look better than paying to make them grey though.

That's my order now in...

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM3YSW72

Only thing spec wise I battled with was Sport Chrono but I just felt I had to draw the line on cost.

21ATS

Original Poster:

416 posts

40 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
JJMatrixx said:
TBH, it looks good in most colours so just personal preference. I do think the standard colour wheels look better than paying to make them grey though.

That's my order now in...

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM3YSW72

Only thing spec wise I battled with was Sport Chrono but I just felt I had to draw the line on cost.
Colour is such a very personal thing. I wouldn't pay for black wheels, but grey or gold I would.

I struggled for a while with options, like you was trying to keep it under £100k but once we'd decided we were buying these and keeping them for a while rather than leasing we figured we may as well just buy exectly what we wanted.

This is where I am.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMA5MVL9

JJMatrixx

595 posts

127 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
21ATS said:
Colour is such a very personal thing. I wouldn't pay for black wheels, but grey or gold I would.

I struggled for a while with options, like you was trying to keep it under £100k but once we'd decided we were buying these and keeping them for a while rather than leasing we figured we may as well just buy exectly what we wanted.

This is where I am.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMA5MVL9
On the public charge cable, can you not just but an off the shelf cable, rather than going for a porsche one and getting ripped off?

21ATS

Original Poster:

416 posts

40 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
JJMatrixx said:
On the public charge cable, can you not just but an off the shelf cable, rather than going for a porsche one and getting ripped off?
Probably, but if I was really that bothered about being nickled and dimed and shouldn't really be looking at a Porsche to start with.

The options gouging is their forte.

JJMatrixx

595 posts

127 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
21ATS said:
Probably, but if I was really that bothered about being nickled and dimed and shouldn't really be looking at a Porsche to start with.

The options gouging is their forte.
Well yeah, not my first rodeo when it comes to Porsches but my inner tight arse just looks at that cable and thinks buy a different one. You can't do the same with other options.

interstellar

1,804 posts

114 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
21ATS said:
JJMatrixx said:
TBH, it looks good in most colours so just personal preference. I do think the standard colour wheels look better than paying to make them grey though.

That's my order now in...

http://www.porsche-code.com/PM3YSW72

Only thing spec wise I battled with was Sport Chrono but I just felt I had to draw the line on cost.
Colour is such a very personal thing. I wouldn't pay for black wheels, but grey or gold I would.

I struggled for a while with options, like you was trying to keep it under £100k but once we'd decided we were buying these and keeping them for a while rather than leasing we figured we may as well just buy exectly what we wanted.

This is where I am.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMA5MVL9
Is the back supposed to be half black on the bumpers.