Collecting Cars auction results

Collecting Cars auction results

Author
Discussion

Ferruccio

1,234 posts

75 months

Tuesday 7th July
quotequote all
Imad said:
I’m wondering if it would make sense, in the case of the reserve not being met, to offer the car at the reserve price to the highest bidder? I was the highest bid on a car recently, but unfortunately didn’t meet the reserve. If the difference wasn’t great, I may have considered increasing the bid to meet the reserve.
You’d have thought they’d be in touch, unless it was a big gap.

Mezzanine

5,059 posts

175 months

Wednesday 8th July
quotequote all
ghost83 said:
I can’t believe someone is willing to pay that sort of money for a nova
Recapturing a fading youth for me, plenty of memories made in many Novas!

Plus you just don’t see many around anymore, especially not in such condition.

Leftfootwonder

317 posts

14 months

Thursday 9th July
quotequote all
Mezzanine said:
ghost83 said:
I can’t believe someone is willing to pay that sort of money for a nova
Plus you just don’t see many around anymore, especially not in such condition.
There's a reason for that...


Jonny TVR

3,079 posts

237 months

Friday 10th July
quotequote all
what do people think of the testarossa? It has a missing service book and km speedo but it looks in superb condition but not used much.

355fiorano

379 posts

198 months

Saturday 11th July
quotequote all
Did anyone see what the high bid on the challenge straddle was?

MDL111

4,659 posts

133 months

Saturday 11th July
quotequote all
355fiorano said:
Did anyone see what the high bid on the challenge straddle was?
It was at 100k at I think about 40min to go / didn’t look again after that unfortunately

355fiorano

379 posts

198 months

Sunday 12th July
quotequote all
Thanks
... maybe a good sign for everyone to start drivihg them again then wink

Butter Face

21,276 posts

116 months

Sunday 12th July
quotequote all
Looking forward to seeing what this (not perfect but low mileage) EP3 finishes at tonight.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2004-honda-civ...

Butter Face

21,276 posts

116 months

Sunday 12th July
quotequote all
Butter Face said:
Looking forward to seeing what this (not perfect but low mileage) EP3 finishes at tonight.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2004-honda-civ...
£9600 + the 6% so a cool £10176 to the buyer. Wowzers

MDMA .

5,532 posts

57 months

Sunday 12th July
quotequote all
Butter Face said:
Butter Face said:
Looking forward to seeing what this (not perfect but low mileage) EP3 finishes at tonight.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2004-honda-civ...
£9600 + the 6% so a cool £10176 to the buyer. Wowzers
Blacklion tyres pushed it into 5 figs wink

Butter Face

21,276 posts

116 months

Sunday 12th July
quotequote all
MDMA . said:
Butter Face said:
Butter Face said:
Looking forward to seeing what this (not perfect but low mileage) EP3 finishes at tonight.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2004-honda-civ...
£9600 + the 6% so a cool £10176 to the buyer. Wowzers
Blacklion tyres pushed it into 5 figs wink
Yes those ‘new budget tyres’ on those wrong colour wheels on a car with no AC almost got me buying it but alas my limit was £9500+ fees :sadfacebutnotreallyasitseemsmentaltome:

Pommy

10,938 posts

172 months

Monday 13th July
quotequote all
Butter Face said:
MDMA . said:
Butter Face said:
Butter Face said:
Looking forward to seeing what this (not perfect but low mileage) EP3 finishes at tonight.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2004-honda-civ...
£9600 + the 6% so a cool £10176 to the buyer. Wowzers
Blacklion tyres pushed it into 5 figs wink
Yes those ‘new budget tyres’ on those wrong colour wheels on a car with no AC almost got me buying it but alas my limit was £9500+ fees :sadfacebutnotreallyasitseemsmentaltome:
That and the 11 year gap in service history...

mstrbkr

7,550 posts

154 months

Tuesday 14th July
quotequote all
On the opposite end of the scale to that type-r, this must've really hurt the seller...

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1987-toyota-mr...

£5676 for a near-perfect 1987 MR2 has to be a bargain? Looks like the current owner has spent thousands getting it to this standard. But as much as it shouldn't matter, the seller really should have replaced the 9 year old tyres before selling.

LaurasOtherHalf

17,549 posts

152 months

Tuesday 14th July
quotequote all
mstrbkr said:
On the opposite end of the scale to that type-r, this must've really hurt the seller...

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1987-toyota-mr...

£5676 for a near-perfect 1987 MR2 has to be a bargain? Looks like the current owner has spent thousands getting it to this standard. But as much as it shouldn't matter, the seller really should have replaced the 9 year old tyres before selling.
Bloody christ I forgot about that! I quite fancied a punt on it.

Butter Face

21,276 posts

116 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
mstrbkr said:
On the opposite end of the scale to that type-r, this must've really hurt the seller...

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1987-toyota-mr...

£5676 for a near-perfect 1987 MR2 has to be a bargain? Looks like the current owner has spent thousands getting it to this standard. But as much as it shouldn't matter, the seller really should have replaced the 9 year old tyres before selling.
Yes, very strange how little that went for. Find another one!

MDMA .

5,532 posts

57 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
mstrbkr said:
On the opposite end of the scale to that type-r, this must've really hurt the seller...

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1987-toyota-mr...

£5676 for a near-perfect 1987 MR2 has to be a bargain? Looks like the current owner has spent thousands getting it to this standard. But as much as it shouldn't matter, the seller really should have replaced the 9 year old tyres before selling.
All the work was done before the current owner bought it. I'd say he's spent very little on. Not even put fresh tyres on it. The pics show just the arches being replaced and note there is some bubbling again (trade talk for rotten). I'd say they probably want doing again soon.

Bobo W

643 posts

208 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
Ferruccio said:
Imad said:
I’m wondering if it would make sense, in the case of the reserve not being met, to offer the car at the reserve price to the highest bidder? I was the highest bid on a car recently, but unfortunately didn’t meet the reserve. If the difference wasn’t great, I may have considered increasing the bid to meet the reserve.
You’d have thought they’d be in touch, unless it was a big gap.
In their sales bumph they say they'll consider making up the difference if a sale falls short of the reserve to get the sale through - in other words they take less commission but some is better than none I guess - this would suggest that highest bid was at least 6% less than reserve

Imad

102 posts

91 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
Bobo W said:
Ferruccio said:
Imad said:
I’m wondering if it would make sense, in the case of the reserve not being met, to offer the car at the reserve price to the highest bidder? I was the highest bid on a car recently, but unfortunately didn’t meet the reserve. If the difference wasn’t great, I may have considered increasing the bid to meet the reserve.
You’d have thought they’d be in touch, unless it was a big gap.
In their sales bumph they say they'll consider making up the difference if a sale falls short of the reserve to get the sale through - in other words they take less commission but some is better than none I guess - this would suggest that highest bid was at least 6% less than reserve
Guess that makes sense.

In other news, £36,500 for the Audi R8 v10 spider. I think someone should feel pretty happy right now with that!

Butter Face

21,276 posts

116 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
Imad said:
Guess that makes sense.

In other news, £36,500 for the Audi R8 v10 spider. I think someone should feel pretty happy right now with that!
Yup, that looks like a complete bargain. Even with the buyers premium it’s a good few grand behind retail value.

tomtom

4,125 posts

186 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
No comment on the 308? ~60k for a RHD fibreglass car seems pretty good, despite it not being totally original.