Collecting Cars auction results

Collecting Cars auction results

Author
Discussion

Cheib

19,343 posts

133 months

Sunday 20th September
quotequote all
There’s definitely an element of cars selling better via auction than classified ad’s...which is perhaps not a suppose at the moment.

Will be very interesting to see how CC does during winter. Dealers wont be as keen to buy cars that is for sure.

355fiorano

384 posts

200 months

Sunday 20th September
quotequote all
Very strange things happening with this Daytona. The auction tonight closed at £420k and now in the sold section it is showing winning bid £444k !

Algarve

1,477 posts

39 months

Sunday 20th September
quotequote all
355fiorano said:
Very strange things happening with this Daytona. The auction tonight closed at £420k and now in the sold section it is showing winning bid £444k !
Closed below reserve, winning bidder agreed to buy for 444k?

355fiorano

384 posts

200 months

Monday 21st September
quotequote all
Could be but "winning bid" signifies a bid
When they do a deal post auction they show it as "Selling Price"
Also just after it finished I believe a saw it in the sold section for £420k originally
To be fair this is much of a muchness. As long as everyone involved is happy who cares

Bobo W

649 posts

210 months

Monday 21st September
quotequote all
Algarve said:
355fiorano said:
Very strange things happening with this Daytona. The auction tonight closed at £420k and now in the sold section it is showing winning bid £444k !
Closed below reserve, winning bidder agreed to buy for 444k?
£444k is not that far shy of winning bid plus buyers commission

sparta6

2,232 posts

58 months

Wednesday 23rd September
quotequote all
355fiorano said:
Could be but "winning bid" signifies a bid
When they do a deal post auction they show it as "Selling Price"
Also just after it finished I believe a saw it in the sold section for £420k originally
To be fair this is much of a muchness. As long as everyone involved is happy who cares
Agree and that's really the point isn't it.
Somebody was also happy buying the fruity Mondial T at £80K.
Excellent chassis and 430 power.

AndyC_123

875 posts

112 months

Thursday 24th September
quotequote all
Got outbid on the Range Rover Classic last minute...

OSMojo

36 posts

33 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
Pro Bono said:
There must be some winning bidders who aren't genuine. People who are just dreamers, or who have had one too many and always fancied a Ferrari. In most cases there wouldn't be any point in pursuing them, as they've no money, in which case the car would potentially come back on the market.

Do CC carry out any vetting of prospective buyers, to weed out such people?
Great point, I just sold the Red Diablo on there to a dead beat dreamer, dead beat kept saying he sent the money from a Swiss bank account (to sound like a big shot), I never heard from him again. So it is up for sale again (not on CC)
This disgrace wouldn't answer the phone or texts, he even called my house but wouldn't speak. He probably lives in a bed sit over a KFC in hounslow.
Just a dreamer, a fantasist in fact. I do think maybe a credit check should be done on buyers before they bid.

21ATS

174 posts

30 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
OSMojo said:
Great point, I just sold the Red Diablo on there to a dead beat dreamer, dead beat kept saying he sent the money from a Swiss bank account (to sound like a big shot), I never heard from him again. So it is up for sale again (not on CC)
This disgrace wouldn't answer the phone or texts, he even called my house but wouldn't speak. He probably lives in a bed sit over a KFC in hounslow.
Just a dreamer, a fantasist in fact. I do think maybe a credit check should be done on buyers before they bid.
Presumably someones credit card must have been charged with the buyer fee?

Were CC any help whatsoever once the virtual hammer dropped?

ferdi p

1,460 posts

130 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
21ATS said:
Presumably someones credit card must have been charged with the buyer fee?

Were CC any help whatsoever once the virtual hammer dropped?
Exactly, CC automatically take the commission when you make a successful bid, not sure what happened here!?

OSMojo

36 posts

33 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
The car was sold after the bidding, so sold as a 'buy it now'. CC were good, they kept trying to contact him, the dead beat avoided them as much as me.
He did lose the commission on his credit card though to CC, they took that, which I'm glad of, at least he lost something.

ferdi p

1,460 posts

130 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
OSMojo said:
The car was sold after the bidding, so sold as a 'buy it now'. CC were good, they kept trying to contact him, the dead beat avoided them as much as me.
He did lose the commission on his credit card though to CC, they took that, which I'm glad of, at least he lost something.
What a strange thing to do!? He's lost a good few grand for absolutely sod all!!

OSMojo

36 posts

33 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
ferdi p said:
What a strange thing to do!? He's lost a good few grand for absolutely sod all!!
Yep, that's my only consolation, and to think he could have got himself a VW beetle based Lambo replica with that.

Petrus1983

3,969 posts

120 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
OSMojo said:
ferdi p said:
What a strange thing to do!? He's lost a good few grand for absolutely sod all!!
Yep, that's my only consolation, and to think he could have got himself a VW beetle based Lambo replica with that.
Only if it was his card he used - and I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t, or maxed out at £25. Unfortunately.

cayman-black

9,660 posts

174 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
ferdi p said:
OSMojo said:
The car was sold after the bidding, so sold as a 'buy it now'. CC were good, they kept trying to contact him, the dead beat avoided them as much as me.
He did lose the commission on his credit card though to CC, they took that, which I'm glad of, at least he lost something.
What a strange thing to do!? He's lost a good few grand for absolutely sod all!!
LOL , in his mind he owned a Lambo , not for long though.

cayman-black

9,660 posts

174 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
AndyC_123 said:
Got outbid on the Range Rover Classic last minute...
Shame. It would make a good project as everything seems in place.

Stryke

568 posts

120 months

Sunday 27th September
quotequote all
OSMojo said:
Yep, that's my only consolation, and to think he could have got himself a VW beetle based Lambo replica with that.
Most likely used a stolen credit card.

Drclarke

986 posts

131 months

Sunday 27th September
quotequote all
Shouldn’t the collecting cars staff be giving you the commission for wasting your time!

Cheib

19,343 posts

133 months

Sunday 27th September
quotequote all
Drclarke said:
Shouldn’t the collecting cars staff be giving you the commission for wasting your time!
At a minimum they should be giving you half the commission.

Algarve

1,477 posts

39 months

Sunday 27th September
quotequote all
Cheib said:
At a minimum they should be giving you half the commission.
They can't, the amount of fraud that followed would be horrific.

You list your car that you don't want to sell, I'll bid it to the moon on a stolen card and we'll split your 50% of the commission you get when I don't complete.