Collecting Cars auction results

Collecting Cars auction results

Author
Discussion

majordad

3,304 posts

156 months

Monday 26th October
quotequote all
Similar RSs are making more.

webstercivet

173 posts

33 months

Monday 26th October
quotequote all
Stryke said:
308 on there back up for sale, was a no sale in August. They've relisted with some slightly better images...
Could have updated the summary text reading "this Ferrari is ready to delight during the warm summer months"! Unless they're aiming for a Spring 2021 sale...

Petrus1983

4,101 posts

121 months

Monday 26th October
quotequote all
webstercivet said:
Stryke said:
308 on there back up for sale, was a no sale in August. They've relisted with some slightly better images...
Could have updated the summary text reading "this Ferrari is ready to delight during the warm summer months"! Unless they're aiming for a Spring 2021 sale...
“ though this tyre has since been replaced with an Avon Turbospeed item. The other wheels are shod in the original type Michelin TRX tyres, which are in good condition. ”

I wouldn’t even have a blend of tyres on a Peugeot- let alone a Ferrari. Whilst it’s easy to rectify says more about the current owner.

Stryke

578 posts

121 months

Monday 26th October
quotequote all
Well as you can see the moderators removed something I said, so you can imagine who or what is the seller.
Only reached 34k, so the market spoke, again!

will_

5,960 posts

162 months

Tuesday 27th October
quotequote all
Stryke said:
Well as you can see the moderators removed something I said, so you can imagine who or what is the seller.
Only reached 34k, so the market spoke, again!
All these haircuts of the thread (even if done unilaterally by PH) are doing nothing for CC's position; if they are reading the thread, why aren't they contributing?

Stryke

578 posts

121 months

Tuesday 27th October
quotequote all
Yes looks like my post above was also modified. Nice!

ditchvisitor

1,119 posts

180 months

Tuesday 27th October
quotequote all
Its not the place it used to be that's for sure!!

Drclarke

1,003 posts

132 months

Tuesday 27th October
quotequote all
As I have been saying for months, the whole thing stinks.

9Elfer

49 posts

53 months

Tuesday 27th October
quotequote all
Stryke said:
Yes looks like my post above was also modified. Nice!
what was cut out from your thread?

Cheib

19,493 posts

134 months

Tuesday 27th October
quotequote all
majordad said:
Similar RSs are making more.
The one’s making more will probably be Touring’s that haven’t been modified to Lightweight spec. That’s this cars problem, people want original cars. That and the fact it’s been for sale for a long time...don’t think chasing the price down and then listing it as a last attempt on an auction site is the way to sell a car like an RS.

Cheib

19,493 posts

134 months

Tuesday 27th October
quotequote all
This is interesting. This car was auctioned in maybe May or June on Collection Cars and got to something like £135k...didn’t make reserve and has been for sale on PH via a private advert over the summer..I think it got to £113k.

Two things come to mind...a) how not to sell a car and b) that’s a big change in the market.


Stryke

578 posts

121 months

Wednesday 28th October
quotequote all
Noticing quite a few no sales or low selling prices generally. Market has very much changed from that of the earlier in the spring/summer when people were bored and wanted to spend some dosh.

Leftfootwonder

562 posts

17 months

Wednesday 28th October
quotequote all
Sports cars and the British winter do not really go hand in hand. I'm sure things will pick up again in spring assuming the world hasn't imploded by then.

MDL111

4,996 posts

136 months

Wednesday 28th October
quotequote all
Going by my own current view of the world I find this not entirely surprising, while I was buying cars in the first half of the year, I am now very much thinking about selling (probably in spring) to release some cash and reduce ongoing expenses given what looks like substantially lower income than expected

MDMA .

5,847 posts

60 months

Wednesday 28th October
quotequote all
Stryke said:
Noticing quite a few no sales or low selling prices generally. Market has very much changed from that of the earlier in the spring/summer when people were bored and wanted to spend some dosh.
Bounce back loans coming to an end also wink

GT4RS

2,539 posts

156 months

Wednesday 28th October
quotequote all
Yesterday the mk3 escort sold for nearly 50k.


Clearly buyers out there for the best of the best cars and willIng to spend the money when needed.

MDMA .

5,847 posts

60 months

Wednesday 28th October
quotequote all
GT4RS said:
Yesterday the mk3 escort sold for nearly 50k.


Clearly buyers out there for the best of the best cars and willIng to spend the money when needed.
Not a bad price. Been for sale at the below dealer for a while. Remember it from a couple of years ago. And to think what I let mine go for frown


https://www.thecarspecialists.com/vehicle/ford-esc...

rat rod

813 posts

24 months

Wednesday 28th October
quotequote all
Cheib said:
This is interesting. This car was auctioned in maybe May or June on Collection Cars and got to something like £135k...didn’t make reserve and has been for sale on PH via a private advert over the summer..I think it got to £113k.

Two things come to mind...a) how not to sell a car and b) that’s a big change in the market.

Sure i saw this Aston at a Goodwood track day i was attending this summer ,can't be many this colour, looked and sounded amazing ,

Don't know how it got away with the noise test, must have had to backed off in the wright places like the rest of us.

cayman-black

9,789 posts

175 months

Thursday 29th October
quotequote all
Cheib said:
This is interesting. This car was auctioned in maybe May or June on Collection Cars and got to something like £135k...didn’t make reserve and has been for sale on PH via a private advert over the summer..I think it got to £113k.

Two things come to mind...a) how not to sell a car and b) that’s a big change in the market.

I see once again this lovely Aston has not sold, its a very special car but it seems no one thinks its worth what the owner does.

TP321

1,248 posts

157 months

Thursday 29th October
quotequote all
WBAC gives a price of £73k for the Rolls Royce Wraith..its going to cost someone £100k and it’s definitely not in a resale colour scheme either inside or outside. I am definitely seeing CC as a selling platform but not a buying one