Challenge Stradale - info/pics/road test/downloads

Challenge Stradale - info/pics/road test/downloads

Author
Discussion

jay_z

Original Poster:

222 posts

217 months

Wednesday 30th July 2003
quotequote all
The Ferrari World website has an artical focusing on the Challenge Stradale. Lots of information there including decent pictures, road test reports, screen savers, downloads and video clips.

Well worth a look

www.ferrari.it/cgi-bin/fworld.dll/ferrariworld/scripts/events/challenge_stradale/challenge_home.jsp

456mgt

2,374 posts

222 months

Wednesday 30th July 2003
quotequote all
Jay- it looks like it's a subscrption job? Almost worth it to see (and hear) a lap of Fiorano, but not quite. We'll find out what it's like soon enough, and first hand....

maclf01

227 posts

206 months

Wednesday 30th July 2003
quotequote all
I'll wait for topgear to test it out.

Jay_Z

Original Poster:

222 posts

217 months

Wednesday 30th July 2003
quotequote all
Hi Kev - You're right it is a subscrption job - failed to notice that one Still, there's some decent pictures there to wet your appetite

Do you have any more news on the new arrival? Spec/Dates etc?

I'm almost as excited as you about seeing this car in the metal. One of my biggest regrets was not having my video & camera with me on that legendary blast at donington.

The same mistake will NOT be made twice.

That reminds me: I've got something to e-mail to you. Won't go into details here, I'll e-mail you off line tomorrow.

Regards,
Jay.

P.S.

*** Off Topic ***
Am I right in saying you used to own a Caterham at some point? The reason I ask, I've booked myself a place on the Caterham Day on Sat 9th August at Bedfore Autodrome. Any hand tips for driving one of these beasts would be very much appreciated. Need to put in a quick lap time you see

456mgt

2,374 posts

222 months

Wednesday 30th July 2003
quotequote all
Jay_Z said:
Do you have any more news on the new arrival? Spec/Dates etc?


Delivery scheduled Dec/Jan so I'm waiting (hoping) for the pundits to predict an exceptionally mild winter Spec so far is Rosso Scuderia with red & black alcantara interior, 4 point harnesses, roll bar and fire extinguisher. No stripe.


Jay_Z said:

*** Off Topic ***
Am I right in saying you used to own a Caterham at some point? The reason I ask, I've booked myself a place on the Caterham Day on Sat 9th August at Bedfore Autodrome. Any hand tips for driving one of these beasts would be very much appreciated. Need to put in a quick lap time you see


Yup- it's like a big kart with soft suspension. Only had mine for a few months and there are others on site who are better qualified than me. Fast way is to treat it as if you were making love to a beautiful woman, gliding from one move to the next. Fun way is to go in hot and strong and b0llocks to the consequences.

You'll have a laugh Jay- back end on these things steps out quite easily and you can turn that into some lovely powerslides.

Kev

>> Edited by 456mgt on Wednesday 30th July 21:55

jay_z

Original Poster:

222 posts

217 months

Thursday 31st July 2003
quotequote all
456mgt said:
Delivery scheduled Dec/Jan so I'm waiting (hoping) for the pundits to predict an exceptionally mild winter Spec so far is Rosso Scuderia with red & black alcantara interior, 4 point harnesses, roll bar and fire extinguisher. No stripe.


PERFECT

I read one of the road test reports (Autocar) from the website link above. The chap said the exhaust note on the Stradale was loud, painfully LOUD

Should be right up your street hey Kev You'll probably be the only UK owner who specifies original pipes instead of the toned down UK affair

I've sent you an e-mail by the way.
Regards,
Jay.