Granturismo Prices - How low can they go...?

Granturismo Prices - How low can they go...?

Author
Discussion

Lee Jones Jnr

516 posts

126 months

Sunday 5th April
quotequote all
jakesmith said:
How much were they charging for delivery and collection!
Dunno, few hundred I imagine.
It's an expensive bit of glass, the one that was fitted was a 'good deal' because they happened to have one that must have been a cancelled order or taken I to stock by mistake etc and they wanted rid of it.

Kettmark

511 posts

109 months

Sunday 5th April
quotequote all
Now they've stopped making the gt if imagine the price would be only going one way?
I bought a spare screen for my Peugeot 205 when one came up locally in case I need one in the future.

EC2

1,041 posts

209 months

Monday 6th April
quotequote all
Like any car at this price point made in reasonable numbers these cars have depreciated a fair amount but they have actually done better than many less exclusive cars like 650is etc.. Mine is nine years old and books at 27% on discounted list which is ok really. They are very robust cars it what kills them is the cost of parts when they do go wrong. Love mine but feel a bit embarrassed using it for the short run to the shops at the mo.

Edited by EC2 on Monday 6th April 11:11

jakesmith

7,600 posts

127 months

Monday 6th April
quotequote all
EC2 said:
Like any car at this price point made in reasonable numbers these cars have depreciated a fair amount but they have actually done better than many less exclusive cars like 650is etc.. Mine is nine years old and books at 27% on discounted list which is ok really. They are very robust cars it what kills them is the cost of parts when they do go wrong. Love mine but feel a bit embarrassed using it for the short run to the shops at the mo.

Edited by EC2 on Monday 6th April 11:11
Don't be. I'm volunteering delivering food to the vulnerable & those in isolation in my R8, why not, at least they'll hear me coming & know their food is here smile

ali_XF

345 posts

127 months

Tuesday 28th April
quotequote all
I’ve got my heart set on one for my 40th early next year. Currently squirrelling away the pennies to try and get to a reasonable 30k budget, given the current situation I’m hopeful that it will get me into a 2013 facelifted 4.7 S.

The couple I’ve seen casually browsing AT are hovering a few thousand north of that figure but 2/3k depreciation over the next 9 months or so is not an unreasonable figure I’m hoping?

No issues with running costs having previously daily’d an XFR which lunched its engine and was no end of trouble as a result, despite getting the replacement under the jag warranty. I hope my next V8 is a bit more reliable!

jakesmith

7,600 posts

127 months

Tuesday 28th April
quotequote all
I’m certain you’ll have a wide choice at that budget. The main mechanicals are well regarded as robust. A car of that age will have little to be concerned about.

Check and negotiate on tires and brakes. They are £3k if you need them all changing. And get the Larini X pipe for £300 it’s all it needs.

Wonderful cars I have only good memories of mine

ReaperCushions

4,001 posts

140 months

Tuesday 12th May
quotequote all
What would an independent charge for those types of fixes? Especially interested in the clutch and consumable.

andy43

6,514 posts

210 months

Saturday 16th May
quotequote all
ReaperCushions said:
What would an independent charge for those types of fixes? Especially interested in the clutch and consumable.
Sport Maserati forum is the best place to learn - I’m reading a lot!

Quoted from https://www.sportsmaserati.com/index.php?threads/g...

conaero on Maser forum said:
Every other GT/QP that comes into us requires front bushes and that's about a grand indy, twice that in the dealership

Every one in 4 GT/QP that comes into us requires rust repair to the front subsume, usually done at the same time as the bushes

The 2 bolts on the bottom of each wishbone are £95 each

Clutches will cost you £3k (every 35-40k miles)

AC pumps last 20k miles, that's about a grand

Front discs are expensive, pads not so.

Every other GT/QP that comes in has leaking cam cover gaskets which is another £500 job

Most pre 2009 GT/QP that comes in had variator issues and that's £2-3k

So my advise is, buy a known, inspected forum car or from Richard Grace and pay a little more so you don't get a nasty surprise.

So they are rubbish cars?....no, not at all, they are very, very good but poor maintenance will kill them off.

£30k will buy you a very nice 4.7GTS (MC Shift)

If in doubt, get it inspected, its the best £250 you will every spend.
All that sounds terrible, but nothing’s at the level of 911 engine rebuilds. And then there’s the noise....

ali_XF

345 posts

127 months

Monday 18th May
quotequote all
ali_XF said:
I’ve got my heart set on one for my 40th early next year. Currently squirrelling away the pennies to try and get to a reasonable 30k budget, given the current situation I’m hopeful that it will get me into a 2013 facelifted 4.7 S.
Bit uncouth to quote oneself but the first sub £30k facelift has appeared...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202...

Right colour exterior and interior, wrong gearbox (for me), bit leggy mileage wise and a good 6 months too early for me to take advantage, but still, bodes well for my hunt next year!


paddy1970

63 posts

65 months

Monday 18th May
quotequote all
ali_XF said:
Bit uncouth to quote oneself but the first sub £30k facelift has appeared...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202...

Right colour exterior and interior, wrong gearbox (for me), bit leggy mileage wise and a good 6 months too early for me to take advantage, but still, bodes well for my hunt next year!
Looks nice.

I regret having sold my GT and I always look at the ads. I think I will be very tempted by a GTS in the years to come (right colour/spec combo - now I know what to look for!).

However they are pricey to keep.

I bought my 2008 GT in 2014 for £33k, part exchange it for £24k in 2017 with an additional 35k miles. So not too bad in terms of depreciation (£9K over 3 years: £3K per year). But I needed 3 rear sets of tyres and 1 front set (£2k including 2 sensors that packed up), a full set of brake pads and discs (£4k), a new air-con pump (£3k including towing and some reverse and front sensors that packed up), services (1 main and 1 minor £2K). Total costs: £20K (£6.7k per year - £550 per month). If you include insurance and tax (£1000 per year - £3K over 3 years); fuel (£9K - 23mpg - £1.3/l). Grand total (£32k - £900 per month - £0.91 per mile).

Edited by paddy1970 on Monday 18th May 15:39

Lee Jones Jnr

516 posts

126 months

Monday 18th May
quotequote all
paddy1970 said:
Looks nice.

I regret having sold my GT and I always look at the ads. I think I will be very tempted by a GTS in the years to come (right colour/spec combo - now I know what to look for!).

However they are pricey to keep.

I bought my 2008 GT in 2014 for £33k, part exchange it for £24k in 2017 with an additional 35k miles. So not too bad in terms of depreciation (£9K over 3 years: £3K per year). But I needed 3 rear sets of tyres and 1 front set (£2k including 2 sensors that packed up), a full set of brake pads and discs (£4k), a new air-con pump (£3k including towing and some reverse and front sensors that packed up), services (1 main and 1 minor £2K). Total costs: £20K (£6.7k per year - £550 per month). If you include insurance and tax (£1000 per year - £3K over 3 years); fuel (£9K - 23mpg - £1.3/l). Grand total (£32k - £900 per month - £0.91 per mile).

Edited by paddy1970 on Monday 18th May 15:39
I also bought a 2008 GT in 2014.
A £33k car must have been near the bottom of the market. Perhaps you suffered the associated repair costs that are likely to go with that?

jakesmith

7,600 posts

127 months

Monday 18th May
quotequote all
andy43 said:
All that sounds terrible, but nothing’s at the level of 911 engine rebuilds. And then there’s the noise....
That’s all a bit doom and gloom. Many of the cars will have had variators sorted now as it surfaces at 50k miles and they engineered it out in 2009 so just look for a car with it done

My car had 50,000 miles never an ac compressor, I’d not heard of that and £1k is not too bad

Leaking gasket with £500 fix had been done in my cars history and didn’t need doing again

Front bushes are a weak point but it’s once every 6/7/8 years or so

They are expensive to run but not every car will have every main failure!

BRR

1,653 posts

128 months

Tuesday 19th May
quotequote all
ali_XF said:
Bit uncouth to quote oneself but the first sub £30k facelift has appeared...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202...

Right colour exterior and interior, wrong gearbox (for me), bit leggy mileage wise and a good 6 months too early for me to take advantage, but still, bodes well for my hunt next year!
That's a stunning car for the money, I have zero need for it but am still tempted

jakesmith

7,600 posts

127 months

Tuesday 19th May
quotequote all
BRR said:
ali_XF said:
Bit uncouth to quote oneself but the first sub £30k facelift has appeared...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202...

Right colour exterior and interior, wrong gearbox (for me), bit leggy mileage wise and a good 6 months too early for me to take advantage, but still, bodes well for my hunt next year!
That's a stunning car for the money, I have zero need for it but am still tempted
Don't like the colour outside but interior is lovely. Criminal that they didn't update the infotainment till 2018 it was utter pants
Hate adverts that use filters as it makes me wonder about the car
Don't like the facelift one bit on the GT or any of the carbon. If it's not the actual MC Strad with no rear seats then it's the launch variant for me that has the simple lines
It's like the Imprezza in that every attempt they made to make it more modern by sticking bits and bobs from Halfords on it actually diminished from the original form

paddy1970

63 posts

65 months

Friday 5th June
quotequote all
Lee Jones Jnr said:
paddy1970 said:
Looks nice.

I regret having sold my GT and I always look at the ads. I think I will be very tempted by a GTS in the years to come (right colour/spec combo - now I know what to look for!).

However they are pricey to keep.

I bought my 2008 GT in 2014 for £33k, part exchange it for £24k in 2017 with an additional 35k miles. So not too bad in terms of depreciation (£9K over 3 years: £3K per year). But I needed 3 rear sets of tyres and 1 front set (£2k including 2 sensors that packed up), a full set of brake pads and discs (£4k), a new air-con pump (£3k including towing and some reverse and front sensors that packed up), services (1 main and 1 minor £2K). Total costs: £20K (£6.7k per year - £550 per month). If you include insurance and tax (£1000 per year - £3K over 3 years); fuel (£9K - 23mpg - £1.3/l). Grand total (£32k - £900 per month - £0.91 per mile).

Edited by paddy1970 on Monday 18th May 15:39
I also bought a 2008 GT in 2014.
A £33k car must have been near the bottom of the market. Perhaps you suffered the associated repair costs that are likely to go with that?
The only repair cost is the air-con pump and some reverse and front sensors (£3k), the rest is consumable. This car eat a lot of tyres & brake and is fairly expensive to service. Don't get me wrong, I would definitely have another one but this time I will have my eyes wide open about the costs and try to keep the mileage low.