So what have you done with your Aston today? (Vol. 2)

So what have you done with your Aston today? (Vol. 2)

Author
Discussion

Felonious

304 posts

131 months

Friday 6th September 2019
quotequote all
Coming to the end of what turned out to be quite an extended test with the new Vantage, and I'm very much looking forward to getting my V12VS back tomorrow, complete with its new clutch and flywheel.

The good news is that there's no way I'd trade mine for a new one. I'll dig out the new Vantage thread and post some observations, which go beyond the purely aesthetic comments, but in summary the 'old' model is, in my humble, just a better place to spend time. That said, I'm not sure that the inevitable tweaks and upgrades will make the new model a formidable machine, and a roadster version will be a joy.

Edited by Felonious on Friday 6th September 09:35


Edited by Felonious on Friday 6th September 09:36

peteA

2,467 posts

191 months

Friday 6th September 2019
quotequote all
New home for the first time


josh bear

502 posts

140 months

Friday 6th September 2019
quotequote all
peteA said:
New home for the first time

Nice home. Love the bonnet on the wall. Where did you get it?
Josh

JohnG1

3,315 posts

162 months

Friday 6th September 2019
quotequote all
peteA said:
New home for the first time

Mako blue? Very handsome!

Felonious

304 posts

131 months

Friday 6th September 2019
quotequote all
peteA said:
New home for the first time

Stunning, and that colour! Gorgeous. I do love a blue Aston.

cayman-black

9,612 posts

173 months

Saturday 7th September 2019
quotequote all
Yes very nice, front plate looks good.

V8V Pete

2,017 posts

83 months

Saturday 7th September 2019
quotequote all
Picked up my 92 year old aunt from the station who, like me, expresses a definite preference for the Lightweight seats in my current Vantage biggrin

CSK1

1,166 posts

81 months

Saturday 7th September 2019
quotequote all
Felonious said:
peteA said:
New home for the first time

Stunning, and that colour! Gorgeous. I do love a blue Aston.
Well, I do love a blue Aston too, particularly if it is Mako Blue, but of course I would say that! smile

Dewi 2

320 posts

22 months

Saturday 7th September 2019
quotequote all

A rare long drive today in my 4.7 Vantage, to attend a motor racing meeting at Cadwell Park.
Over 300 miles round trip completed. Car performed perfectly, dry weather and no feeling of tiredness after the long drive.

Had an mini circular mystery tour through pretty villages, courtesy of the satnav. To be fair to the satnav, the original main road has been replaced recently by a new dual carriageway. Coincidentally, whilst on that mystery tour, a stationary DB9 was spotted and cheerie waves were exchanged with the occupant. Who knows, might also have been lost.

bignoise

283 posts

58 months

Sunday 8th September 2019
quotequote all
Had a trip to HWM at Walton on Thames and couldn't resist putting a deposit on this

CSK1

1,166 posts

81 months

Sunday 8th September 2019
quotequote all
Looks beautiful, well done!

Mr.Tremlini

981 posts

58 months

Sunday 8th September 2019
quotequote all
bignoise said:
Had a trip to HWM at Walton on Thames and couldn't resist putting a deposit on this
Yes indeed, why fight it, resistance is futile. Well played!

Incognegro

1,531 posts

90 months

Sunday 8th September 2019
quotequote all
Leaving on chill until going for BR Twinplate on Tuesday wink

ARAF

20,756 posts

180 months

Sunday 8th September 2019
quotequote all
Took the strakes off my Vanquish. The nuts closest to the door are a b@$%@&d to get to. curse

Westlondondriver

141 posts

29 months

Sunday 8th September 2019
quotequote all
Went down to Blenheim Palace for the Salon Prive event. About 100 Aston’s in the paddock and a lot more on display. Followed a McLaren down the M40 and it hit a squirrel in the middle lane of the motorway ! Only just missed it myself.

steveway

787 posts

41 months

Sunday 8th September 2019
quotequote all
washed yesterday and then took some arty shots from the bedroom. Going to Scuderia on Friday for Capristo backbox, will get some before and after video

krisdelta

4,112 posts

158 months

Sunday 8th September 2019
quotequote all
Nice run down to Portsmouth to drop my Mum at her sisters, A3 /A31 lovely for a wafty cruise this morning, saw an 11 plate Onyx roadster on the A31 on my return. Need to keep clean for the revival this weekend!

Bincenzo

2,502 posts

136 months

Sunday 8th September 2019
quotequote all
Took mine out first thing. Utterly glorious, bright sunshine, nobody on the roads, new tyres and, importantly, freshly geo’d.

I’d always found a reason not to bother with a geo before. Difficult to justify the cost and time, plus it can’t make that much difference, can it?

Oh how very, very wrong. The difference is staggering and it really demonstrated a) how a gradual degradation of handling is difficult to pick up and b) just how capable the car is once it’s lined up.
I normally cringe slightly at the phrase ‘night and day’ as often it’s in relation to an expensive purchase that needs justifying. But, dare I say it, the difference before and after is exactly that. I’ve fallen for the car all over again (in parallel, my wife has offered to shoot me if I buy another one......), so I’m sticking firmly with the Brown one for the foreseeable. Not a bad place to be......Have a good week all. Bins.

milu

1,824 posts

223 months

Sunday 8th September 2019
quotequote all
Bincenzo said:
Took mine out first thing. Utterly glorious, bright sunshine, nobody on the roads, new tyres and, importantly, freshly geo’d.

I’d always found a reason not to bother with a geo before. Difficult to justify the cost and time, plus it can’t make that much difference, can it?

Oh how very, very wrong. The difference is staggering and it really demonstrated a) how a gradual degradation of handling is difficult to pick up and b) just how capable the car is once it’s lined up.
I normally cringe slightly at the phrase ‘night and day’ as often it’s in relation to an expensive purchase that needs justifying. But, dare I say it, the difference before and after is exactly that. I’ve fallen for the car all over again (in parallel, my wife has offered to shoot me if I buy another one......), so I’m sticking firmly with the Brown one for the foreseeable. Not a bad place to be......Have a good week all. Bins.
Who did the alignment?

josh bear

502 posts

140 months

Sunday 8th September 2019
quotequote all
bignoise said:
Had a trip to HWM at Walton on Thames and couldn't resist putting a deposit on this
Fantastic. Love it.

Josh