How about an Aston photo thread!

How about an Aston photo thread!

Author
Discussion

telum01

784 posts

45 months

Monday 16th April
quotequote all
Dropped my red V8V project car off at BC Racing for the revised coilovers wink



[insert all of the comments about that floor here]

Picking it up next weekend, then slapping on VelocityAP 200-cell cats and engine tuning. (DIY guides/videos included)

ChilliWhizz

8,380 posts

91 months

Tuesday 17th April
quotequote all
Workshop full of TVR's... and Moneypenny biggrin


DB4DM

341 posts

53 months

Thursday 19th April
quotequote all
Happy snap in the sun today

ChilliWhizz

8,380 posts

91 months

Friday 20th April
quotequote all
DB4DM said:
Happy snap in the sun today
cloud9

markiep1

126 posts

66 months

Sunday 22nd April
quotequote all
New wheels fitted, carbon black llimited edition DB9 wheels to be exact smile not the best of pictures but they look the dogs danglies cool


Advertisement

rovcallum

297 posts

73 months

Sunday 22nd April
quotequote all
Drive It Day - a bit wet!


dbs2000

1,895 posts

122 months

Monday 23rd April
quotequote all



Cleaned blue and finally took a couple of photos with the SLR, including the slightly red interior biggrineek

David W.

1,149 posts

139 months

Monday 23rd April
quotequote all
dbs2000 said:



Cleaned blue and finally took a couple of photos with the SLR, including the slightly red interior biggrineek
Whoooh! clap

PJDV8

131 posts

12 months

Tuesday 24th April
quotequote all


A little track time

RossMac

838 posts

171 months

Wednesday 25th April
quotequote all


Finally the snow has melted and, importantly, the salt has washed away to finally take it out in 2018

shuzzy

160 posts

144 months

Wednesday 25th April
quotequote all
dbs2000 said:



Cleaned blue and finally took a couple of photos with the SLR, including the slightly red interior biggrineek
Wow, now thats a red interior. Can't quite figure which red it is, unless its a trick of the light or special order. Spicy red is closest but not the same.

dbs2000

1,895 posts

122 months

Thursday 26th April
quotequote all
shuzzy said:
Wow, now thats a red interior. Can't quite figure which red it is, unless its a trick of the light or special order. Spicy red is closest but not the same.
The whole car is a Q jobby, it's called Tetre Rouge. I'll be locating some other panels to tone it down somewhat, it does somehow suit the car and the blue contrast stitching is lovely, the red headliner and carpet are a bit too much for me smile

callevascm

117 posts

79 months

Sunday 29th April
quotequote all


Enjoying some Spring sunshine in south Brittany.

Ikobo

346 posts

79 months

Sunday 29th April
quotequote all
Having a lovely anniversary weekend away, had to take advantage of having the hotel car park to ourselves this morning!


mrteegrassgill

100 posts

56 months

Wednesday 2nd May
quotequote all
Commuted... Cumbrian Style


markiep1

126 posts

66 months

Sunday 6th May
quotequote all
Aston’s at supercar siege (brands hatch) today
Gorgeous rear ends




Ly4361

38 posts

7 months

Tuesday 8th May
quotequote all
Oh I do love to be beside the sea ! After that never ending winter lol




Loose_Cannon

1,246 posts

183 months

Thursday 10th May
quotequote all
Ikobo said:
Having a lovely anniversary weekend away, had to take advantage of having the hotel car park to ourselves this morning!

Not normally a numberplate fan but that one is fantastic. As is the car and picture, so worthy of a repost. Happy holidays.

Emilio Largo

148 posts

41 months

Thursday 10th May
quotequote all
First short drive in my first (and only) Aston (17MY V8 Vantage S)!








Starting up without any problems after the long standstill and drives very nicely (apart from the grinding transmission noise when pulling away in first gear).

But sadly discovered this which I had not seen when the (factory new) car was delivered:



First thought: A very persistent residue of wax from the main dealer´s meticulous preparation. But neither spit or benzine helped (no polish at hand); I am very much afraid now this is the primer. If so, very annoying.

And another front end blemish under the grille: 2x2 drill holes (left and right).

Can anybody tell me if these are normal? Why are these holes and marks there?

HBradley

965 posts

111 months

Friday 11th May
quotequote all
Emilio Largo said:
First short drive in my first (and only) Aston (17MY V8 Vantage S)!








Starting up without any problems after the long standstill and drives very nicely (apart from the grinding transmission noise when pulling away in first gear).

But sadly discovered this which I had not seen when the (factory new) car was delivered:



First thought: A very persistent residue of wax from the main dealer´s meticulous preparation. But neither spit or benzine helped (no polish at hand); I am very much afraid now this is the primer. If so, very annoying.

And another front end blemish under the grille: 2x2 drill holes (left and right).

Can anybody tell me if these are normal? Why are these holes and marks there?
That is absolutely not normal in my experience. Have you identified any other problems? Not sure what the procedure is in Germany for rejecting a car, but I would return it to the dealer immediately & warn them of impending rejection if not full sorted.