How about an Aston photo thread!

How about an Aston photo thread!

Author
Discussion

8Speed

156 posts

12 months

Thursday 6th June
quotequote all
Very pretty car smile

AstonZagato

8,924 posts

156 months

Thursday 6th June
quotequote all
Love it. A massively under-estimated car. But then I'm biased. Just don't drive a Vanquish S. wink

bignoise

220 posts

47 months

Thursday 6th June
quotequote all
stunning and just what I am hoping to replace my current V8V with

dbs2000

2,223 posts

138 months

Friday 7th June
quotequote all
Looks great, the Vanq in silver is hard to beat.

gralegav

11 posts

84 months

Thursday 13th June
quotequote all


It’s been a couple of months now, still very special.

JTV8

2 posts

4 months

Friday 14th June
quotequote all




7 months, and 5k miles or so into manual Onyx V8V ownership, and although my left leg is twice the size of my right now, and I spend more time in petrol stations than Alan Partridge, I absolutely love it!

Only modifications I’ve made are metallic buttons for the dash, dumping the fuse, and anthracite wheels which I felt made the red callipers pop more. Other than that it’s a stock ‘07 4.3 (now on 33k miles).

Only a few issues so far (touch wood) are a faulty headlight jet washer (covered by the AM warranty) and a swishing sound emanating from the steering wheel at low speeds. Told by AM Bristol this is the power steering fluid which will need replacing at the next service, but isn’t urgent. On a few occasions I’ve also had a violent jolt when accelerating, but the dealer couldn’t pin point this. Anyone who can shine a light on what this may be, I would really appreciate feedback.

Without tempting fate, also amazed by how positively people react to it. Even my neighbours when I fire it up on a cold morning...(yet)

I even don’t mind the Volvo Sat Nav, used to it by now after endless family holidays in V70’s and XC90’s growing up.

Finances permitting, I hope I never have to sell it as it seems to look better with age. Such a timeless design, it seems a shame Aston don’t offer a less extreme new Vantage with a similar look as the original.

Edited by JTV8 on Friday 14th June 10:35

EVR

288 posts

6 months

Friday 14th June
quotequote all
JTV8 said:




7 months, and 5k miles or so into manual Onyx V8V ownership, and although my left leg is twice the size of my right now, and I spend more time in petrol stations than Alan Partridge, I absolutely love it!

Only modifications I’ve made are metallic buttons for the dash, dumping the fuse, and anthracite wheels which I felt made the red callipers pop more. Other than that it’s a stock ‘07 4.3 (now on 33k miles).

Only a few issues so far (touch wood) are a faulty headlight jet washer (covered by the AM warranty) and a swishing sound emanating from the steering wheel at low speeds. Told by AM Bristol this is the power steering fluid which will need replacing at the next service, but isn’t urgent. On a few occasions I’ve also had a violent jolt when accelerating, but the dealer couldn’t pin point this. Anyone who can shine a light on what this may be, I would really appreciate feedback.

Without tempting fate, also amazed by how positively people react to it. Even my neighbours when I fire it up on a cold morning...(yet)

I even don’t mind the Volvo Sat Nav, used to it by now after endless family holidays in V70’s and XC90’s growing up.

Finances permitting, I hope I never have to sell it as it seems to look better with age. Such a timeless design, it seems a shame Aston don’t offer a less extreme new Vantage with a similar look as the original.

Edited by JTV8 on Friday 14th June 10:35
Nice, I have the same feelings about the design! And the sat nav too... it certainly isn't the most sexy piece of tech to look at, but once updated, I found it pretty precise.

immersive

10 posts

115 months

Tuesday 2nd July
quotequote all




went for the zagato grille

8Speed

156 posts

12 months

Tuesday 2nd July
quotequote all
Too in yer face for me but if you like it that's all that matters
smile

DBpf

5 posts

16 months

Friday 5th July
quotequote all
hashluck said:
JB.London said:
Newbie to this forum... Just moved over from F-Type (which I genuinely loved) to a 2014 Vanquish (which I already deeply love...). Finally got the model I was after with the 8 cog box and straight silver with black interior combo. New reg to be applied in the coming weeks....
Very nice welcome
Lovely car, was this the car that was for sale in Ainsdale Southport

JB.London

8 posts

4 months

Friday 5th July
quotequote all
'Tis indeed! Was a decent drive up to collect, but not a chore - let's face it! Very happy with the deal struck.
New plate now swapped over and has just been to Nicholas Mee for a full going over and the Quicksilver exhaust fitting in the process (what a sound!). All ready for summer on the continent.

DBpf

5 posts

16 months

Friday 5th July
quotequote all
Good for you, had my eye on it myself but could not consider in the end parting with my DBS . Enjoy what is a beautiful car and in stunning condition. Well done.

NFC 85 Vette

2,530 posts

182 months

Tuesday 9th July
quotequote all
Not very scenic, but I quite like this one - Divine Red suits the new Vantage, and when the sun is shining, it looks superb.



RobDown

3,587 posts

74 months

Tuesday 9th July
quotequote all
Lovely colour. Which reminds me - need to revive the different colour thread (mainly for all the new paints introduced with DBSS and Vantage)

kippax

2,785 posts

195 months

Tuesday 9th July
quotequote all

dmatin

18 posts

83 months

Monday 22nd July
quotequote all
Recent Purchase -


samuri

134 posts

168 months

Friday 16th August
quotequote all
[url]|https://thumbsnap.com/2do0j07X[/url
Just had to put these wheels on it .,

Edited by samuri on Friday 16th August 16:27

V8V Pete

1,899 posts

72 months

Friday 16th August
quotequote all
samuri][url said:
|https://thumbsnap.com/2do0j07X[/url
Just had to put these wheels on it .,

Edited by samuri on Friday 16th August 16:27
Looks great but I'm not sure your ride height / ground clearance would work everywhere. I know for a fact it wouldn't go up my drive. I'd love to take mine down to V12V ride height but unless I move house it ain't going to happen. I hear new CF splitters are quite pricey!


samuri

134 posts

168 months

Saturday 17th August
quotequote all
Haven't dropped it, 20" alloys with 6mm front and 10mm rear concentric spacers to fill the arches.
Shadow makes it look lower I think, nowhere near that splitter.

V8V Pete

1,899 posts

72 months

Saturday 17th August
quotequote all
samuri said:
Haven't dropped it, 20" alloys with 6mm front and 10mm rear concentric spacers to fill the arches.
Shadow makes it look lower I think, nowhere near that splitter.
Interesting. It's a good look. I'll console myself by assuming the ride can be a bit challenging on poor surfaces smile