840i M Sport Lease Deal

840i M Sport Lease Deal

Author
Discussion

simonwhite2000

Original Poster:

1,715 posts

59 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Starting up a thread for those of us speccing, ordering and then waiting for our 840's - most of which will be on the Gateway2Lease deal of £3,165 down and £351.75 a month.

What has spec and options has everyone gone for?

Actus Reus

4,064 posts

117 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
I’m waiting to hear - I put everything in at noon (having enquired about a 235i yesterday).

I’m probably going for a billy basic car, currently in sonic blue, though that can be changed for a little while.

I fully expect the deal to be pulled, but my God I’d like an 840 (having said I wanted a sensible family car yesterday!). Let’s hope BM and G2L honour it for everybody...

Amateurish

6,556 posts

184 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Just went to sit in a 840i coupe, very nice indeed.

Ordered a base spec Sunset Orange.

Are there any other no cost options?

simonwhite2000

Original Poster:

1,715 posts

59 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Ill be coming out of a 2017 S5 and this is a nice motor to be jumping into. Been looking at them for a few months.

Not really any no cost options that I can see on the config.

I spoke at length with Daniel from Gateway2Lease this morning as I had fell victim the Central Leasing deal that was pulled a few months back on a pricing error and he assured me it is legit but very few cars on the deal and it was only on 2 years.

You can still change colour and options for a short while as said above - I went with Carbon Black, Cognac leather, Privacy Glass and Crystal Clarity (wife wants it lol).

I really did want to be brave though and get Sunset Organge with the black grille, black wheels etc but chickened out. Still considering it!

768

8,068 posts

58 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
simonwhite2000 said:
...most of which will be on the Gateway2Lease deal of £3,165 down and £351.75 a month.
For a £70k+ car? How many months, what's the catch?!

Amateurish

6,556 posts

184 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Mine will be a third car, so went for the 5k miles option. Works out as £9k total cost.

simonwhite2000

Original Poster:

1,715 posts

59 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Amateurish said:
Just went to sit in a 840i coupe, very nice indeed.

Ordered a base spec Sunset Orange.

Are there any other no cost options?


More or less like this then minus pan roof

simonwhite2000

Original Poster:

1,715 posts

59 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
768 said:
simonwhite2000 said:
...most of which will be on the Gateway2Lease deal of £3,165 down and £351.75 a month.
For a £70k+ car? How many months, what's the catch?!
24 months and no catch as yet lol. Finance been accepted already for some people and assured its a genuine price. But as always with these things, its a waiting game for a bit to be 100% sure there are no surprises.

Luke.

9,371 posts

212 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
I've gone for Sonic Blue, base spec. Wanted 5000 miles, but the offer that came back was for 10000, went to get it changed but seems I've only got the 10,000 option. Finance in, will see what happens.

Kooney

98 posts

60 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Luke. said:
I've gone for Sonic Blue, base spec. Wanted 5000 miles, but the offer that came back was for 10000, went to get it changed but seems I've only got the 10,000 option. Finance in, will see what happens.
you sure that isn't 10k for the length of the contract? most finance providers detail the total contract mileage as opposed to the annual mileage on the application forms.

Luke.

9,371 posts

212 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Kooney said:
you sure that isn't 10k for the length of the contract? most finance providers detail the total contract mileage as opposed to the annual mileage on the application forms.
Just checked, it's annual mileage.

Lord.Vader

3,421 posts

101 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
I've gone for Barcelona Blue with black wheels, this automatically triggers the M-sport pack, etc.

2150 + 363, 5k miles, 24 months.

Is black the only no cost interior?

Finance is in, not holding my breath though!

simonwhite2000

Original Poster:

1,715 posts

59 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
Lord.Vader said:
I've gone for Barcelona Blue with black wheels, this automatically triggers the M-sport pack, etc.

2150 + 363, 5k miles, 24 months.

Is black the only no cost interior?

Finance is in, not holding my breath though!
No you can get ivory and cognac as well as black. Ivory would be nice with the barca blue

Luke.

9,371 posts

212 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
simonwhite2000 said:
No you can get ivory and cognac as well as black. Ivory would be nice with the barca blue
A chap on the lease thread's saying the deal's been pulled...

Actus Reus

4,064 posts

117 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WgY2pC-bxc

Looking at this AutoGefuehl review, it looks like you CAN seat 3 in the back, albeit straddling the transmission tunnel. Is that right? My only criticism of the car would be the missing middle seat.

simonwhite2000

Original Poster:

1,715 posts

59 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
I've message Daniel from G2L to find out what's going on

barrieeld

512 posts

178 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
When is delivery of these cars? Anyone get an ETA or factory lead time?

Luke.

9,371 posts

212 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
simonwhite2000 said:
I've message Daniel from G2L to find out what's going on
Good stuff.

Luke.

9,371 posts

212 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
barrieeld said:
When is delivery of these cars? Anyone get an ETA or factory lead time?
I was quoted April/May.

Lord.Vader

3,421 posts

101 months

Tuesday 7th January 2020
quotequote all
April and I’ve asked for May / June.

If finance is approved I might look at Barca blue and cognac interior!