M135i/128ti Lease deal

M135i/128ti Lease deal

Author
Discussion

venster70

23 posts

5 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
MissChief said:
venster70 said:
For those who’ve got their 128ti, any thoughts on the general ride quality?

I’m probably in the minority (+ being an old git) but I’m on the 18s and I think it’s pretty shocking!
Good over potholes etc. well damped, but the rest of the time: fidget fidget fidget ffs!

Oh well only 3 years to go wishing I’d gone for the M135 with the adaptive damping.

Everything else about the car (other than slotting my iPhone Pro Max into the wireless charger) brilliant!
Might be worth getting it up on a ramp and checking the transit blocks have been removed. Wouldn’t be the first time they’ve not been removed at PDI.
Thanks, I’ll look into this.
The plot thickens however as I ordered the ‘performance tyres option’ expecting Pilot Sport 4s to be fitted instead of Bridgestones and I only paid attention to the fact that they weren’t Bridgestones fitted, however it turns out that my car is fitted with Pirelli P Zero tyres, I would be interested to know if this has happened to anyone else?


duckson

Original Poster:

892 posts

149 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
venster70 said:
MissChief said:
venster70 said:
For those who’ve got their 128ti, any thoughts on the general ride quality?

I’m probably in the minority (+ being an old git) but I’m on the 18s and I think it’s pretty shocking!
Good over potholes etc. well damped, but the rest of the time: fidget fidget fidget ffs!

Oh well only 3 years to go wishing I’d gone for the M135 with the adaptive damping.

Everything else about the car (other than slotting my iPhone Pro Max into the wireless charger) brilliant!
Might be worth getting it up on a ramp and checking the transit blocks have been removed. Wouldn’t be the first time they’ve not been removed at PDI.
Thanks, I’ll look into this.
The plot thickens however as I ordered the ‘performance tyres option’ expecting Pilot Sport 4s to be fitted instead of Bridgestones and I only paid attention to the fact that they weren’t Bridgestones fitted, however it turns out that my car is fitted with Pirelli P Zero tyres, I would be interested to know if this has happened to anyone else?
They are a performance tyre, you aren’t guaranteed to get anything in particular. The PZero seems to be the performance tyre they come with of late.

Regarding ride I assume you have checked the tyre pressures?
(On my M135i on 19’s they were 40psi plus, reduced them to more like 35/33psi. Also coming from a Leon Cupra on 19’s but having adaptive I find the M135i easily as good but probably better ride wise).

Gunslinger18

328 posts

25 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
venster70 said:
For those who’ve got their 128ti, any thoughts on the general ride quality?

I’m probably in the minority (+ being an old git) but I’m on the 18s and I think it’s pretty shocking!
Good over potholes etc. well damped, but the rest of the time: fidget fidget fidget ffs!

Oh well only 3 years to go wishing I’d gone for the M135 with the adaptive damping.

Everything else about the car (other than slotting my iPhone Pro Max into the wireless charger) brilliant!
It is a bit bumpy tbh it doesn't crash over potholes, but yeah the suspension is busy. Loving everything else though the cab is so quiet can't tell when the engine is even started at times.

venster70

23 posts

5 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
duckson said:
venster70 said:
MissChief said:
venster70 said:
For those who’ve got their 128ti, any thoughts on the general ride quality?

I’m probably in the minority (+ being an old git) but I’m on the 18s and I think it’s pretty shocking!
Good over potholes etc. well damped, but the rest of the time: fidget fidget fidget ffs!

Oh well only 3 years to go wishing I’d gone for the M135 with the adaptive damping.

Everything else about the car (other than slotting my iPhone Pro Max into the wireless charger) brilliant!
Might be worth getting it up on a ramp and checking the transit blocks have been removed. Wouldn’t be the first time they’ve not been removed at PDI.
Thanks, I’ll look into this.
The plot thickens however as I ordered the ‘performance tyres option’ expecting Pilot Sport 4s to be fitted instead of Bridgestones and I only paid attention to the fact that they weren’t Bridgestones fitted, however it turns out that my car is fitted with Pirelli P Zero tyres, I would be interested to know if this has happened to anyone else?
They are a performance tyre, you aren’t guaranteed to get anything in particular. The PZero seems to be the performance tyre they come with of late.

Regarding ride I assume you have checked the tyre pressures?
(On my M135i on 19’s they were 40psi plus, reduced them to more like 35/33psi. Also coming from a Leon Cupra on 19’s but having adaptive I find the M135i easily as good but probably better ride wise).
Thanks, I was relying on the TPMS readings which were wrong, I’ve lowered them to 36/32 which has taken the edge off.

Checked the transport blocks weren’t fitted, a good steer.

Still ‘busy’ but the roads around here are shocking which doesn’t help.


Joyrider1

2,836 posts

138 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
I was so concerned with my M135 that I took it into local dealer to check transport blocks weren’t left in - It was a very strange feeling, the front tyre noise was ridiculously loud, and the steering seemed incredibly light and felt as if the back would swing out at every corner- the missus noticed it too - BMW said transport blocks weren’t in and it seemed fine when I drove it away from the dealership so no idea what happened - it was fine for a week or so, but yesterday it seemed to go like that again when on a roundabout, so much that I stopped the car to check I didn’t have a flat tyre - only difference I could see was that I had a check tyre pressure message when I started the car, but the pressures all seemed ok. Very odd and a little unnerving when it happens. Car is fine again today.

Jazzer

1,645 posts

171 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
Evening!

We had a cracking drive in an M135i on Saturday.

My wife today bought one with the tech and pro packs, a cracking deal too.

I’m excited for her, but for myself too.

As they say, no car handles like my wife’s car!!



GrgeClrk

66 posts

5 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
I took my girlfriend away to Bristol at the weekend and was astonished at how good my 128ti performed economy-wise.

Cruise control has been a game changer, and I was averaging about 60mpg on my journey home - even with a couple of aggressive Sport mode squirts!

Thoroughly enjoying the 128. I’m yet to see another one on the road though!

Gunslinger18

328 posts

25 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
I've only done 200 miles but I find the 128ti a bit gutsy no? I'm sure the Cupra was like that at the start.

venster70

23 posts

5 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
Gunslinger18 said:
I've only done 200 miles but I find the 128ti a bit gutsy no? I'm sure the Cupra was like that at the start.
Mine is averaging 25MPG over the 1st 300 miles but I've not done any long journeys, I'm sure it will improve

cslwannabe

1,217 posts

136 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
I know what you mean Joyrider1. Only done 200 miles in mine admittedly but plenty of tyre squeal on roundabouts taken at about 6/10 and back end feels less planted than it did in my R estate and nothing like as planted as my R hatch was. I’m going to lower the pressures all round by 0.2 bar and try that for a couple of hundred miles.
The transport blocks did cross my mind too. Fair play to AC - the car was delivered with the tyre pressures spot on as per the sticker. Most unexpected.

Harbornite

21 posts

32 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
Car delivered yesterday M135 xDrive

Bit dusty as its been on a transporter - protective mats, seat covers and door cards in place.

Delivery driver was great although I could have done with a bit of a handover.

Spent a couple of hours setting it up - still need to sort the tyre pressures (fronts displaying 41)

|https://thumbsnap.com/5c6da9dD[/url]

Really pleased, delighted - the interior is a real step up from the Golf Rs and Cupra ST I've had in recent years.

Gunslinger18

328 posts

25 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
venster70 said:
Gunslinger18 said:
I've only done 200 miles but I find the 128ti a bit gutsy no? I'm sure the Cupra was like that at the start.
Mine is averaging 25MPG over the 1st 300 miles but I've not done any long journeys, I'm sure it will improve
My mpg is round about the same. Its took £75 since Friday.

savio27

2 posts

2 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
Gunslinger18 said:
harrison1991 said:
Graeme123 said:
harrison1991 said:
My order placed on the 25th of March is now saying 9th of august when it was originally the 3rd of July delivery date.

Going to be 2 months without a car now... not sure why they’re saying September to you.

Debating cancelling even though my deal is unreal.
Would watch that date as I placed mine on the 24th March…

David assures me it should move back but how can he when it’s BMW who have control not AC
I rang Fairborn bmw since I haven’t heard anything from AC since I ordered 12 weeks ago, even bmw today said it should be with them on the 9th of august.

But David contacted me asking why I spoke to bmw and assured me I would get my car sooner than august.

What was the date in March you ordered?
Can I ask who you spoke to at Fairbairn? I've got a spec issue I don't feel is being resolved
Sounds like i dodged a bullet when I decided not to order with AC. Many stories of poorly presented vehicles, incorrect spec, ongoing delays, orders not processed properly, delivery issues etc on this thread. Was and still is a good deal but when you weigh it up it's not as good as it first seemed.


Charlie2021

12 posts

3 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
After weeks of trying to spot a 128 on my rural Norfolk roads I've seen two in two days! I don't know how I'm going to wait till October...!

No doubt this is going to sound thick but this is the first time in years I've leased a car and I noticed some posts about gap insurance - what's the point of it? Do I need it? Plan to sell my current car over summer as I won't really need it once schools break up and then just wait for the new one to arrive and insure that then. Thanks!

Joyrider1

2,836 posts

138 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
Basically if your car gets written off or stolen then your car insurance will only cover the actual car, but not your contracted payments to the lease company. If you take gap insurance then that will cover the cost of the lease, and the downpayment. For the sake of around £150 to cover the whole 2 or 3 year lease it’s got to be worth the peace of mind IMO.

duckson

Original Poster:

892 posts

149 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
savio27 said:
Sounds like i dodged a bullet when I decided not to order with AC. Many stories of poorly presented vehicles, incorrect spec, ongoing delays, orders not processed properly, delivery issues etc on this thread. Was and still is a good deal but when you weigh it up it's not as good as it first seemed.
I’d order again if the price was right.
Cars have been driven to be delivered to me before, so in the same condition (probably worse with fly splat) as the one that was trailered to me. No problem.
Spec issue (red details?), was it an AC issue, HF issue or a factory issue? Not sure if that has been established yet.
Are delays down to AC or the factory? If the order is with the factory then surely that’s out of AC’s hands.
Delivery issues, not seen anything on that?

duckson

Original Poster:

892 posts

149 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
Joyrider1 said:
Basically if your car gets written off or stolen then your car insurance will only cover the actual car, but not your contracted payments to the lease company. If you take gap insurance then that will cover the cost of the lease, and the downpayment. For the sake of around £150 to cover the whole 2 or 3 year lease it’s got to be worth the peace of mind IMO.
Question has been asked on PH a few times and the consensus has been with people who have had a lease written off nobody (IIRC) had needed the GAP cover, the insurance company agreed the value with the lease owner and obviously the lease was ended at that point.
I’ve had it a couple of times in 2015 and 2016 but not on my last Cupra or this M135i.
You can get GAP cover though to cover any initial payment. Eg I’ve paid 3 months up front so that £1k would be refunded if it was written off but I’ve decided to not bother.

GrgeClrk

66 posts

5 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
Joyrider1 said:
Basically if your car gets written off or stolen then your car insurance will only cover the actual car, but not your contracted payments to the lease company. If you take gap insurance then that will cover the cost of the lease, and the downpayment. For the sake of around £150 to cover the whole 2 or 3 year lease it’s got to be worth the peace of mind IMO.
But if you got a replacement car… surely continuing your payments wouldn’t be an issue?

Only real advantage of gap insurance is that if your car gets written off you can walk away from your agreement from what I understand

duckson

Original Poster:

892 posts

149 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
GrgeClrk said:
Joyrider1 said:
Basically if your car gets written off or stolen then your car insurance will only cover the actual car, but not your contracted payments to the lease company. If you take gap insurance then that will cover the cost of the lease, and the downpayment. For the sake of around £150 to cover the whole 2 or 3 year lease it’s got to be worth the peace of mind IMO.
But if you got a replacement car… surely continuing your payments wouldn’t be an issue?

Only real advantage of gap insurance is that if your car gets written off you can walk away from your agreement from what I understand
There is specific GAP for lease, I don’t think replacement car would be suitable as the lease owner would probably terminate the deal once your insurance company has paid them out.
The replacement car could take a number of months to turn up after all.

trustnobody

24 posts

5 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
savio27 said:
Sounds like i dodged a bullet when I decided not to order with AC. Many stories of poorly presented vehicles, incorrect spec, ongoing delays, orders not processed properly, delivery issues etc on this thread. Was and still is a good deal but when you weigh it up it's not as good as it first seemed.
Had no issues with mine and I think the majority of people who ordered had no real major issues.