M135i/128ti Lease deal

M135i/128ti Lease deal

Author
Discussion

harrison1991

18 posts

1 month

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
savio27 said:
Gunslinger18 said:
harrison1991 said:
Graeme123 said:
harrison1991 said:
My order placed on the 25th of March is now saying 9th of august when it was originally the 3rd of July delivery date.

Going to be 2 months without a car now... not sure why they’re saying September to you.

Debating cancelling even though my deal is unreal.
Would watch that date as I placed mine on the 24th March…

David assures me it should move back but how can he when it’s BMW who have control not AC
I rang Fairborn bmw since I haven’t heard anything from AC since I ordered 12 weeks ago, even bmw today said it should be with them on the 9th of august.

But David contacted me asking why I spoke to bmw and assured me I would get my car sooner than august.

What was the date in March you ordered?
Can I ask who you spoke to at Fairbairn? I've got a spec issue I don't feel is being resolved
Sounds like i dodged a bullet when I decided not to order with AC. Many stories of poorly presented vehicles, incorrect spec, ongoing delays, orders not processed properly, delivery issues etc on this thread. Was and still is a good deal but when you weigh it up it's not as good as it first seemed.
To be fair on the delays it’s global with cars and microchips due to this covid bks.

Pixelpeep Z4

6,878 posts

109 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
So many mixed stories about ride quality.

The demo 135i we had on 18s and non-adaptive was fine, easily as planted as my old 7R & S3, ride was firm but fair.

I did test drive the car in Ipswich, which is about 50 miles from where i live so i made sure i had an extended drive and brought the car back home etc, it seemed very pleasant.

Surely this can't just be personal preference, i wonder what is going on? frown

Gunslinger18

328 posts

25 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
savio27 said:
Sounds like i dodged a bullet when I decided not to order with AC. Many stories of poorly presented vehicles, incorrect spec, ongoing delays, orders not processed properly, delivery issues etc on this thread. Was and still is a good deal but when you weigh it up it's not as good as it first seemed.
It's not too bad pal I had spec issues which BMW have acknowledged so no fault of AC. When the parts arrive AC have agreed to pick mine up, fit the parts, full valet and drop back off.



Graeme123

90 posts

46 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
Yeah delays won’t be anything to do with AC, would be the same from any lease company. Just frustrating that there’s delays but not much you can do. I’m just impatient haha

I didn’t test drive one but I have not any of my last 3 cars and they was fine… I can guarantee that both the 128ti and M135i won’t be as harsh as my FN2 Type R was so all good

JohnnyDrama

6 posts

4 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
Ordered my M135i late March and all the updates have said late June to the dealer. After seeing the updates here, I contacted AC to see if there's been any change and got a reply this morning from David to say that's still the plan, late June at dealer - however he did say that they were speaking with BMW today to get an update on late March orders and would advise today/tomorrow if there was any change.

Would be easier if they just gave the BMW order number out, but they just keep saying we don't do that!

dddmk7

22 posts

5 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
savio27 said:
Sounds like i dodged a bullet when I decided not to order with AC. Many stories of poorly presented vehicles, incorrect spec, ongoing delays, orders not processed properly, delivery issues etc on this thread. Was and still is a good deal but when you weigh it up it's not as good as it first seemed.
Like others, I also had a good experience. Quote 22 Feb, Finance approved 24 Feb, order submitted 2 March and car delivered 1 June. Lots of email updates. They easily applied my private plate. The car did arrive a little dirty, but the spec was correct, interior was very clean. I would go again.

Pixelpeep Z4

6,878 posts

109 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
JohnnyDrama said:
Ordered my M135i late March and all the updates have said late June to the dealer. After seeing the updates here, I contacted AC to see if there's been any change and got a reply this morning from David to say that's still the plan, late June at dealer - however he did say that they were speaking with BMW today to get an update on late March orders and would advise today/tomorrow if there was any change.

Would be easier if they just gave the BMW order number out, but they just keep saying we don't do that!
Inchcape gave me the order number the moment they had it. Hopefully there's nothing dodgy with them not supplying it, but i think if i were in your shoes i'd be pushing for the order number now.

Graeme123

90 posts

46 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
Pixelpeep Z4 said:
Inchcape gave me the order number the moment they had it. Hopefully there's nothing dodgy with them not supplying it, but i think if i were in your shoes i'd be pushing for the order number now.
My guess is so they can keep control of the process and also justify people’s jobs…

Select car leasing never shared details on my merc lease

Steve vRS

4,205 posts

208 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
My 128 has arrived. Just need to find out how to work it now!

Gunslinger18

328 posts

25 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
Steve vRS said:
My 128 has arrived. Just need to find out how to work it now!
It'll take you a few days. Get the pics up?!

JohnnyDrama

6 posts

4 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
Pixelpeep Z4 said:
Inchcape gave me the order number the moment they had it. Hopefully there's nothing dodgy with them not supplying it, but i think if i were in your shoes i'd be pushing for the order number now.
To be honest I'm not in a rush to get it, as I've got my Cupra on an informal extension and would probably be best for me for it to be pushed back to late July/August anyway - but I'd like to know!

Steve vRS

4,205 posts

208 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
Gunslinger18 said:
It'll take you a few days. Get the pics up?!
After I wash it!

Steve vRS

4,205 posts

208 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
I’ve not read the manual yet but is there a way to show the journey average fuel consumption in the main dashboard display?

Tony Angelino

1,468 posts

80 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
Steve vRS said:
I’ve not read the manual yet but is there a way to show the journey average fuel consumption in the main dashboard display?
On the screen to the left, I've set fuel consumption screen to one of the pre set memory shortcut keys for the screen on the left. You have he option of:

Since start of journey
Since refuel
Since leaving factory
Since manual reset

Behind the steering wheel on the display when in eco mode, the MPG is on a slider on the top right. It shows you the average and needle shows current.


duckson

Original Poster:

892 posts

149 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
Tony Angelino said:
Steve vRS said:
I’ve not read the manual yet but is there a way to show the journey average fuel consumption in the main dashboard display?
On the screen to the left, I've set fuel consumption screen to one of the pre set memory shortcut keys for the screen on the left. You have he option of:

Since start of journey
Since refuel
Since leaving factory
Since manual reset

Behind the steering wheel on the display when in eco mode, the MPG is on a slider on the top right. It shows you the average and needle shows current.
I think it’s the button on the end of the left stalk but you can display current mpg and average mpg (depending on what you’ve selected in the journey data on the idrive - since journey start, since refuel etc) on the right hand Rev counter area.

Steve vRS

4,205 posts

208 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
Sorted the mpg display.





And one for the cyclist haters biggrin



Gunslinger18

328 posts

25 months

Thursday 17th June
quotequote all
Steve vRS said:
Sorted the mpg display.





And one for the cyclist haters biggrin

Nice pal! You'll love it the more time you spend in it.

cnc8587

43 posts

25 months

Friday 18th June
quotequote all
Has anyone collected their 128ti or 135i direct from Harry Fairbairn Giffnock?

Gunslinger18

328 posts

25 months

Friday 18th June
quotequote all
cnc8587 said:
Has anyone collected their 128ti or 135i direct from Harry Fairbairn Giffnock?
Don't think it's possible I asked and was told it will be delivered.

baldjedi

5 posts

4 months

Friday 18th June
quotequote all
JohnnyDrama said:
Ordered my M135i late March and all the updates have said late June to the dealer. After seeing the updates here, I contacted AC to see if there's been any change and got a reply this morning from David to say that's still the plan, late June at dealer - however he did say that they were speaking with BMW today to get an update on late March orders and would advise today/tomorrow if there was any change.

Would be easier if they just gave the BMW order number out, but they just keep saying we don't do that!
Any word from AC on this? Interested to know as like you I placed my order late March and have been told late June for del at dealer.