What have you done to your BMW today?

What have you done to your BMW today?

Author
Discussion

RECr

279 posts

31 months

Thursday 23rd June
quotequote all
I use the Halfords Advanced jack on my e91, and drive it into a couple of pieces of 6x2 to get enough clearance underneath.

I think Laser do miniature ramps that do the same job.

d_a_n1979

4,718 posts

52 months

Thursday 23rd June
quotequote all
Cbull said:
Can anyone recommend a long flat jack sufficient for the central under the engine jack point please?

It's a bit of a mare trying to do it with my cheap halfords jack (on a F10). I don't think the standard flat ones are long enough but not sure in all honesty, so hoping someone on here has come up with a cheap enough solution.
These are what I use:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-LAS5669-Low-Rise-Ra...

Been perfect for every E39 I've worked on and my E65/F01 7 series too thumbup

Cbull

4,442 posts

151 months

Thursday 23rd June
quotequote all
Ah haaa. Excellent. Thank you very much chaps, life will be much easier knowing that and will look into it beer

d_a_n1979

4,718 posts

52 months

Thursday 23rd June
quotequote all
Cbull said:
Ah haaa. Excellent. Thank you very much chaps, life will be much easier knowing that and will look into it beer
Yup; they make it a doddle getting to the front subframe jacking point etc

d_a_n1979

4,718 posts

52 months

Thursday 23rd June
quotequote all
New plates and OEM BMW front plinth re-fitted:





Not much, but looks much cleaner and no unsightly bolts!

Court_S

8,260 posts

157 months

Thursday 23rd June
quotequote all
d_a_n1979 said:
New plates and OEM BMW front plinth re-fitted:





Not much, but looks much cleaner and no unsightly bolts!
I always stick my plates on these days, it looks so much cleaner.

d_a_n1979

4,718 posts

52 months

Friday 24th June
quotequote all
Fit my pals OEM Hella headlights to my 540i this afternoon

His M5 has had catastrophic engine failure described as 'th'engines shat itself lad' by his mechanic laugh

So it's off the road for the foreseeable future (hence why he's just gone and bought a local E46 325i touring with all the bells & whistles (and a fair bit of front arch rust, but none on the rears weirdly)!

Anyways; his loss is my gain as my headlights, as good a condition they are, the adjusters are fubar etc and that's out of my remit!

rfsteel

611 posts

150 months

Friday 24th June
quotequote all
d_a_n1979 said:
Fit my pals OEM Hella headlights to my 540i this afternoon
Anyways; his loss is my gain as my headlights, as good a condition they are, the adjusters are fubar etc and that's out of my remit!
Check out Robs He39light refurbishing on FB if you'd like to get you originals rebuild and restored.

d_a_n1979

4,718 posts

52 months

Friday 24th June
quotequote all
rfsteel said:
d_a_n1979 said:
Fit my pals OEM Hella headlights to my 540i this afternoon
Anyways; his loss is my gain as my headlights, as good a condition they are, the adjusters are fubar etc and that's out of my remit!
Check out Robs He39light refurbishing on FB if you'd like to get you originals rebuild and restored.
I'll be getting Darren Foden in St Helen's to sort me a set; he does a full bi-xenon upgrade on them now as most of the time, at the age the headlights are at, the reflectors have lost their reflectiveness, so sometimes refurbing the headlights is a waste of money & time anyways...

Lucky that my pals are only 2 years old as his original set went the way of the dodo

Court_S

8,260 posts

157 months

Saturday 25th June
quotequote all
My car ticked over 80k yesterday…I remembered just a bit too late though.


MarkGArgyle

263 posts

134 months

Monday 27th June
quotequote all
Towed with it down to the FOS, 22mpg from the M40i which I though was pretty good…it towed level, even if the photo shows otherwise!

Bucket and spade campsite - 20mins from FOS and fantastic.


Court_S

8,260 posts

157 months

Monday 27th June
quotequote all
Gave my other half’s 125i an interim oil change (it reckons 9k until the next one).

I still need to do the diff and gearbox oil, but I’ll do that this weekend when I have more time. The diff oil is going to be an absolute ball ache due to the chassis bracing being a cab. Can’t wait to try and get those bolts undone for the first time in 13 years….joy.

d_a_n1979

4,718 posts

52 months

Tuesday 28th June
quotequote all
Court_S said:
Gave my other half’s 125i an interim oil change (it reckons 9k until the next one).

I still need to do the diff and gearbox oil, but I’ll do that this weekend when I have more time. The diff oil is going to be an absolute ball ache due to the chassis bracing being a cab. Can’t wait to try and get those bolts undone for the first time in 13 years….joy.
Wurth Rost Off Ice wink

ryanchan

35 posts

76 months

Tuesday 28th June
quotequote all

Hit a milestone in the e92 m3 yesterday

g3org3y

Original Poster:

19,493 posts

171 months

Tuesday 28th June
quotequote all
Court_S said:
My car ticked over 80k yesterday…I remembered just a bit too late though.

Need another 6 miles for...B0000B biggrin

RESSE

5,452 posts

201 months

Tuesday 28th June
quotequote all
28/06/2022

MV1s/runflats changed for a set of refurbished MV2s/non-runflats:




Court_S

8,260 posts

157 months

Tuesday 28th June
quotequote all
RESSE said:
28/06/2022

MV1s/runflats changed for a set of refurbished MV2s/non-runflats:



Looks nice with the MV2’s; freshens the car up a lot to my eyes.

2 GKC

1,468 posts

85 months

Tuesday 28th June
quotequote all
RESSE said:
28/06/2022

MV1s/runflats changed for a set of refurbished MV2s/non-runflats:



What are you doing with the old ones?

g3org3y

Original Poster:

19,493 posts

171 months

Tuesday 28th June
quotequote all
Court_S said:
RESSE said:
28/06/2022

MV1s/runflats changed for a set of refurbished MV2s/non-runflats:



Looks nice with the MV2’s; freshens the car up a lot to my eyes.
Agreed. Never been the biggest fan of MV1s.

When the 330Ci needs new tyres, I might actually swap the MV1 for the 17 inch Alpina softlines I have sitting in the garage.

RESSE

5,452 posts

201 months

Wednesday 29th June
quotequote all
2 GKC said:
RESSE said:
28/06/2022

MV1s/runflats changed for a set of refurbished MV2s/non-runflats:



What are you doing with the old ones?
Scrap value, therefore binned.