Mercedes servicing

Mercedes servicing

Author
Discussion

Skd884

773 posts

160 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
Fat hippo said:
I’ve been looking for prices on rear discs and pads on a W205 c63. Done 17k miles.
Prices, give or take, that i’ve been quoted by main dealers do seem to vary with my local dealer confirming a labour rate of £200 per hour. However only 1.7 hrs for the work.

Local dealer in Greater London c£920, dealer in central London £770, dealer Further out in Kent £700. I understand the higher rate for London but the central london should be higher.
Anyway, i take my car for the MOT and service to the central london one
Email Mb Edinburgh for a quote then get a local indy to fit, should save a few hundred £ -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/mercedesbenzofedinburgh...

Welshbeef

42,330 posts

157 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
Skd884 said:
Welshbeef said:
Are you the chap in Caversham or Essex?
Local fellow PH if Caversham & I’ve seen the Hemdean Road Merc Indy
No sir just across the bridge.
You might see my S205 C63 burbling around (Black) - totally stock.

I’m think seriously of going for the service plan and using the promotion code SC20.

Have you used the Merc main dealer near riverside - any feedback good or bad?

Skd884

773 posts

160 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
Welshbeef said:
You might see my S205 C63 burbling around (Black) - totally stock.

I’m think seriously of going for the service plan and using the promotion code SC20.

Have you used the Merc main dealer near riverside - any feedback good or bad?
Have used Mb Lakeside, happy with the service received there.

Will be there again next month for my upcoming B service plus spark plugs and brake fluid, i will be paying for the service plan today.

Welshbeef

42,330 posts

157 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
Skd884 said:
Have used Mb Lakeside, happy with the service received there.

Will be there again next month for my upcoming B service plus spark plugs and brake fluid, i will be paying for the service plan today.
I know the service plan includes the gearbox oil and oil filter but does it include spark plugs?


As an aside I do wonder if the W/S205 C63 AMG will become one of the iconic C63’s and hold strong value or just be an average performing £ market value wise car. It is a highly desirable car with an amazing power unit

Skd884

773 posts

160 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
Welshbeef said:
I know the service plan includes the gearbox oil and oil filter but does it include spark plugs?


As an aside I do wonder if the W/S205 C63 AMG will become one of the iconic C63’s and hold strong value or just be an average performing £ market value wise car. It is a highly desirable car with an amazing power unit
Yes it includes whatever is required within the service

Prefer the 204 with the epic m156

The 205 at present is a average performer.



Mits

106 posts

177 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
I just bought a service plan using the sc20 code for four services. Works out at £385 per service, for two B’s and two A’s. Includes brake fluid, air filters and spark plugs.

Welshbeef

42,330 posts

157 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
Mits said:
I just bought a service plan using the sc20 code for four services. Works out at £385 per service, for two B’s and two A’s. Includes brake fluid, air filters and spark plugs.
And gearbox oil filter change.

Issue I think is it’s a lot of upfront cash - company could fold and it’s also 4 years with the same car.

I’m going to decide what time frame to go for.
I have been hankering after an E63 AMG as in a cash like for like swap but E63 wagons seem non existent or they are the old slow 5.5v8 no turbo unit

Skd884

773 posts

160 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
What if I want to terminate my Service Care plan?

If you wish to terminate your Plan before all of the services are carried out then you can do so by emailing our administration team at contractadmin@daimler.com. You can download a cancellation form from our website at www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/servicecontractcancellatio...



Will I be charged for terminating my Service Care Plan?


If you have received all of the services purchased under the Plan then you will be charged the remaining monthly payments outstanding to terminate your Plan.If you have not used all of your services purchased under the Plan then we will calculate a termination fee based onthe income received by MBUK and the expenditure incurred in providing any services received to that date. Thisexpenditure will include an administration charge for early termination of £40 plus VAT.If you have paid less into the plan than we have paid out then you will be required to pay a fee. If you have paid more into the Plan than we have paid out then you will receive a credit for the difference.


http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/current/passenger...

The plan covers anything that is due eg fuel filter, rear diff oil, pollen filters, key fob batteries etc.

Edited by Skd884 on Saturday 26th September 11:38


Edited by Skd884 on Saturday 26th September 11:40

Welshbeef

42,330 posts

157 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
Assuming A and B services are 12.5-15k miles between services (or is it once a year if miles not hit?) then it’s not even £40pcm which for a 500bhp rwd 7 speed wet clutch muscle car is frankly unbelievable

Skd884

773 posts

160 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
Due every 12.5k/year on a Amg.

Welshbeef

42,330 posts

157 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
Is the air con service every 2 years included in the service plan?

Sheepshanks

21,927 posts

78 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
Welshbeef said:
Is the air con service every 2 years included in the service plan?
"Air con service" is a made thing up to scam customers. So obviously it's not included as it's not a genuine service item.

Dave3166

1,476 posts

85 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
Skd884 said:
Yes it includes whatever is required within the service

Prefer the 204 with the epic m156

The 205 at present is a average performer.

I purchased a C63 W204 about 3 years ago from an MB dealer.
What I paid for that, I could now get a 507 edition.
So, at the moment, prices are going down.
But who knows what will happen in the future...!!!

Welshbeef

42,330 posts

157 months

Saturday 26th September
quotequote all
Dave3166 said:
I covered some fair miles today in the lovely Caversham blue bird weather.
God this motor is special 4.0 V8 TT beast.

6208

15 posts

133 months

Sunday 27th September
quotequote all
The best bit about the service plan for me is...

"We will collect it and deliver it back to your home, place of work or any convenient location once the work has been completed"

Ron240

603 posts

78 months

Sunday 27th September
quotequote all
6208 said:
The best bit about the service plan for me is...
"We will collect it and deliver it back to your home, place of work or any convenient location once the work has been completed"
For me this would be the worst part. biggrin
But seriously though...the worst part about any main dealer service is trusting them to do everything that is on the schedule.

Sheepshanks

21,927 posts

78 months

Sunday 27th September
quotequote all
6208 said:
The best bit about the service plan for me is...

"We will collect it and deliver it back to your home, place of work or any convenient location once the work has been completed"
Interesting to see the dash cam videos of collection and delivery drivers in customers cars that come up on the Mercedes forums now and again.

There's quite a well reported incident at one dealer where they told the customer he wasn't welcome at any of their group dealerships again after he went to the press.

Welshbeef

42,330 posts

157 months

Sunday 27th September
quotequote all
Sheepshanks said:
Interesting to see the dash cam videos of collection and delivery drivers in customers cars that come up on the Mercedes forums now and again.

There's quite a well reported incident at one dealer where they told the customer he wasn't welcome at any of their group dealerships again after he went to the press.
Seriously? So the car owner finds dodgy staff lets them know and goes to the press then that persons money is no good there anymore. Jeez

Skd884

773 posts

160 months

Sunday 27th September
quotequote all
Ron240 said:
or me this would be the worst part. biggrin
But seriously though...the worst part about any main dealer service is trusting them to do everything that is on the schedule.
I always ask for the old parts to be retained for me eg plugs filters then dispose of them.

Sheepshanks

21,927 posts

78 months

Sunday 27th September
quotequote all
Welshbeef said:
Seriously? So the car owner finds dodgy staff lets them know and goes to the press then that persons money is no good there anymore. Jeez
Don't ever fall out with your dealer or Mercedes themselves - they're legendary for being touchy, and if you take on Mercedes in Court they will fight it. There's a case with the GLC crabbing issue where the Motor Ombudsman found against the dealer but they refused to accept it and MB UK backed them.