Ladies and Gentlemen, my Panda Alessi!

Ladies and Gentlemen, my Panda Alessi!

Author
Discussion

Funkstar De Luxe

Original Poster:

551 posts

151 months

Monday 24th May
quotequote all
After two years of searching, I finally managed to get my hands on a Fiat Panda Alessi.

She’s in fantastic shape, 19k on the clock and running well. All wheel trims and dust caps present and correct - although in some of the pictures I’ve removed them for cleaning.

She’s had a good clean up now, a machine polish, and sealed with some synthetic stuff. I’ve got a rear window washer to replace and some new number plates in order.

Roll on summer!





Zetec-S

4,173 posts

61 months

Monday 24th May
quotequote all
Wow, that is hideously awesome! biggrin I've never seen or heard of these before, looks in great condition and definitely something different thumbup

p4cks

5,652 posts

167 months

Monday 24th May
quotequote all
Excuse my ignorance but what's the special edition in aid of? (I did Google for a bit but ended up giving up)

s-x-i

57 posts

17 months

Monday 24th May
quotequote all
Excellent! Where did you manage to find it?

Always strangely liked these, perhaps having owned a 100HP anything Panda shaped catches my eye.

Am I right in saying the interior has some unique changes around the cup holder area?

Funkstar De Luxe

Original Poster:

551 posts

151 months

Monday 24th May
quotequote all
p4cks said:
Excuse my ignorance but what's the special edition in aid of? (I did Google for a bit but ended up giving up)
I'm not sure it's in aid of anything. Alessi are a kitchen ware company that for some reason did a special edition Fiat Panda. I don't get it either... :-D

s-x-i said:
Excellent! Where did you manage to find it?

Always strangely liked these, perhaps having owned a 100HP anything Panda shaped catches my eye.

Am I right in saying the interior has some unique changes around the cup holder area?
Yeah, unique cup holder and some king of rubber thing I haven't worked out. I think also the gear stick is unique as well as the wheel trims. Colour may also be, no 100% sure tho. Interior colours are also unique to the Alessi. Oh, and the white roof bars and arial. And dash clocks too...

It's great fun, but boy do you get some looks when you drive it :-D

I found it at a dealer just outside Leeds. It was too much money, but after waiting two years to find one for sale, I didn't want to mess around. Also, I won't find one in better condition.

I believe there's less than 100 of these in the UK. They were a hard sell I think

Edited by Funkstar De Luxe on Monday 24th May 15:35

AC43

9,175 posts

176 months

Monday 24th May
quotequote all
Funkstar De Luxe said:
p4cks said:
Excuse my ignorance but what's the special edition in aid of? (I did Google for a bit but ended up giving up)
I'm not sure it's in aid of anything. Alessi are a kitchen ware company that for some reason did a special edition Fiat Panda. I don't get it either... :-D

s-x-i said:
Excellent! Where did you manage to find it?

Always strangely liked these, perhaps having owned a 100HP anything Panda shaped catches my eye.

Am I right in saying the interior has some unique changes around the cup holder area?
Yeah, unique cup holder and some king of rubber thing I haven't worked out. I think also the gear stick is unique as well as the wheel trims. Colour may also be, no 100% sure tho. Interior colours are also unique to the Alessi. Oh, and the white roof bars and arial. And dash clocks too...

It's great fun, but boy do you get some looks when you drive it :-D

I found it at a dealer just outside Leeds. It was too much money, but after waiting two years to find one for sale, I didn't want to mess around. Also, I won't find one in better condition.

I believe there's less than 100 of these in the UK. They were a hard sell I think

Edited by Funkstar De Luxe on Monday 24th May 15:35
That is brilliantly leftfield. Love it.

citizensm1th

8,371 posts

105 months

Monday 24th May
quotequote all
Zetec-S said:
Wow, that is hideously awesome! biggrin I've never seen or heard of these before, looks in great condition and definitely something different thumbup
Isn't it just, awsome purchase op

Funkstar De Luxe

Original Poster:

551 posts

151 months

Monday 24th May
quotequote all
Thank you, I'm really pleased with it. I hope to keep it a long time - they're like hen's teeth now. Also, I think it's a fun thing to see on the road, so I'll be pottering around in it on the daily

AC43

9,175 posts

176 months

Monday 24th May
quotequote all
Funkstar De Luxe said:
Thank you, I'm really pleased with it. I hope to keep it a long time - they're like hen's teeth now. Also, I think it's a fun thing to see on the road, so I'll be pottering around in it on the daily
I just find the hook-ups that the Fiat marketing team were doing for the 500 and Panda at the time endlessly interesting.

That one's up there along with the Riva 500 and the petrol-powered 500 Diesel.

And then there was the Fiat sponsorship of Yamaha race bikes.

I want what they were smoking.



Funkstar De Luxe

Original Poster:

551 posts

151 months

Monday 24th May
quotequote all
AC43 said:
… and the petrol-powered 500 Diesel.
That’s the one that blows my mind…

Gompo

4,068 posts

226 months

Monday 24th May
quotequote all
Nice buy, I remember the first time I spotted one; thinking that it was some random modified example until I took a closer look saw it looked too OEM for that. This was back in 2007/8, I've seen a few more now but they still invoke that rare/special thought.

Penelope Stopit

8,860 posts

77 months

Tuesday 25th May
quotequote all
Surely It's a Jean Alesi Special Edition

Anyway, you'll never struggle to find it in a supermarket car park

HTP99

18,459 posts

108 months

Tuesday 25th May
quotequote all
That is hideous but I do kind of like it in a "that is very different" kind of way, orange is my favourite colour too.

https://petrolblog.com/2013/05/yesterdays-specials...


Edited by HTP99 on Tuesday 25th May 08:02

Funkstar De Luxe

Original Poster:

551 posts

151 months

Thursday 27th May
quotequote all
HTP99 said:
That is hideous but I do kind of like it in a "that is very different" kind of way, orange is my favourite colour too.

https://petrolblog.com/2013/05/yesterdays-specials...


Edited by HTP99 on Tuesday 25th May 08:02
Thanks for the link, interesting read.

Funkstar De Luxe

Original Poster:

551 posts

151 months

Thursday 27th May
quotequote all
Penelope Stopit said:
Surely It's a Jean Alesi Special Edition

Anyway, you'll never struggle to find it in a supermarket car park
It's definitely the kitchen company https://uk.alessi.com

:-D

Penelope Stopit

8,860 posts

77 months

Tuesday 1st June
quotequote all
Funkstar De Luxe said:
Penelope Stopit said:
Surely It's a Jean Alesi Special Edition

Anyway, you'll never struggle to find it in a supermarket car park
It's definitely the kitchen company https://uk.alessi.com

:-D
Ok then

It is of absolutely stunning colours in a horrible sort of way