The car offered here is an original DB4 Series 5 Vantage that has been restored to exact GT specification by the foremost experts in the industry.
The starting point for this project was located in the early 2000s and being an original closed headlight Series 5 Vantage was a very rare car in its own right and a close cousin of the DB4 GT. At this time the car was remarkably solid and unmolested but in need of a full restoration and, given its proximity in age and design to the original cars, the decision was made to restore it to a specification that matched the original GTs in every detail. The chassis and body work was undertaken by Bodylines, who have restored more original GT cars than anyone else and had access to original reference examples throughout the process, which has resulted in a body shape and size that is 100% correct. They shortened the chassis to original GT length, hand crafted the new lightweight body panels and fabricated a correct GT-spec fuel tank. The paintwork was completed by Spray-Tec who finished the car in Black Pearl metallic, which is still beautifully presented today. A new and correct set of 16’’ outer laced Borrani wire wheels were also sourced and fitted. The engine was entrusted to R.S.Williams for a total rebuild to 4.7 Litre displacement using a correct 12 plug GT cylinder head and twin distributors. The result is in excess of 410bhp, far superior to original GT engines, which makes for an extremely rewarding drive and is in all likelihood the fastest DB4 on the road. The interior has been completely re-trimmed in tan Connolly leather to appropriate GT styling and the instruments include the correct and almost impossible to find 7000 RPM Tachometer.
The entire restoration process took over 4 years and has been fully documented with a comprehensive set of photographs and all associated invoices. Following its restoration the car was then sold to a well-known and discerning Aston collector who also owned an original DB4GT amongst many other models.
Having covered less than 6,000 miles since completion in 2007, with recent further detailing and re-fresh, this exceptional motorcar provides a unique opportunity to acquire a 'DB4GT' that is identical to the original cars in all but name and at a fraction of the cost. It is accompanied by a full history file that includes the restoration documentation, invoices going back to the 1960s.
Reference #9379737 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeSaloon
- Vehicle height1,326 mm
- Vehicle width1,829 mm
Previous Owners -
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact William Loughran Ltd
- Used Aston Martin in Blackburn (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Carlisle (2)
- Used Aston Martin in Chester (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Clitheroe (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Lytham Saint Annes (2)
- Used Aston Martin in Macclesfield (6)
- Used Aston Martin in Manchester (3)
- Used Aston Martin in Oldham (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Preston (6)
- Used Aston Martin in Wigan (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Wilmslow (27)
- Used cars in Birmingham (1203)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1455)
- Used cars in Derby (1331)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1207)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1602)
- Used cars in Leeds (1784)
- Used cars in Leicester (1270)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1234)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1768)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1445)
- Used cars in Stockport (1160)
- Used cars in East Midlands (10211)
- Used cars in East of England (9777)
- Used cars in London (3254)
- Used cars in North East (5777)
- Used cars in North West (11350)
- Used cars in Scotland (7296)
- Used cars in South East (14139)
- Used cars in South West (8457)
- Used cars in Wales (5031)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10233)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12867)
No recent searches