Correct Matching Numbers: UK/EU Registration
Restored & Upgraded to Sports - Classics Specification
The DB4 was launched at the 1958 London Motor Show to a sensational debut. The factory-made substantial changes with the introduction to the DB4 making the driving much more pleasurable than the previous model with much improved handling and better driving characteristics. Bodywork was designed by Touring and the building retained the “Superleggera” process of a steel tube frame with an all-aluminum body. The DB4 was a major success for Aston Martin and production continued until 1963.
It should be noted that the DB4 was a milestone in the history of Aston Martin that this model was the first cars to be built at the company's Newport Pagnell works. Without doubt DB4 is regarded by motoring experts as an iconic motorcar and probably the best sport car of its era.
September 1961 saw a revised DB4 introduced with several noticeable changes to the motorcar and designated as such being a “Series IV”. The revisions were mostly external and make this variant quite easy to identify. The ‘egg box’ style grille was replaced by a barred type with only seven vertical bars. The air scoop on the bonnet was substantially lowered and lost its grille. Both the lower bonnet air scoop and barred type grille lasted in production through to the DB5 right through to the last variant of the DB6’s, being the Mark II. The much-needed oil cooler became a standard feature with it’s easy to spot intake under the front bumper although amazingly was a delete option at the time, and finally, the rear lights were recessed into the bodywork.
Our magnificent DB4 was supplied new on the 8th June 1962 to Glenn W Farrar of Jacksonville Florida. Supplied directly by Aston Martin Ltd for home delivery – export scheme.
Restoration and Upgrades to Sports - Classics Specification
Specially commissioned with the intention of restoring and specifying bespoke upgrades to make this sensational DB4 enhance its usability in modern traffic conditions with driver comfort / handling and refinements key to the new owner’s enjoyment of the vehicle.
• Body, Paint and Chassis Works / DB4GT Rear Wheel Arch Specification
• Interior Re Trim with VM 846 Hides and Wilton Carpets
• Engine Upgraded to 4.2 Ltr. Vantage Specification and Unleaded Fuel
• Aluminium Radiator & Electric Cooling Fan
• Variable Power Assisted Steering
• Air Conditioning
• Heated Front Seats
• Inertia Reel Seat Belts
• Uprated Adjustable Suspension & Larger Anti-Roll Bar
• Coopercraft Brakes with Uprated Tyres
• Tremec 5 Speed Gear Box, Clutch & Conversion Kit
• iPod & Bluetooth Connectivity
Accompanying the car is a highly detailed restoration file documenting the works completed.
As you would expect from a restoration with upgrades completed by world-renowned Aston Martin marque specialists, our DB4 Series Coupe is truly sensational and could only be appreciated by a personal inspection at our central London showrooms.
Our car presented for sale, is a representation of works / features and upgrades that SportsClassicsLondon could create to any Aston Martin DB era model to your exact required and unique specification which can also include Left Hand Drive Steering, Automatic Transmission with Custom Paint Finish and Interior Trim.
Reference #10257422 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
- Used Aston Martin in Barnes (1)
- Used Aston Martin in City of Westminster (8)
- Used Aston Martin in East Finchley (10)
- Used Aston Martin in Kilburn (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Notting Hill (1)
- Used Aston Martin in Shepherds Bush (11)
- Used Aston Martin in South Kensington (6)
- Used Aston Martin in Teddington (6)
- Used Aston Martin in Uxbridge (6)
- Used Aston Martin in Wandsworth (3)
- Used Aston Martin in Wembley (1)
- Used cars in Bedford (1230)
- Used cars in Bury (1349)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1799)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1485)
- Used cars in Derby (1306)
- Used cars in Leeds (1597)
- Used cars in Leicester (1706)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1597)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1995)
- Used cars in Reading (1233)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1219)
- Used cars in East Midlands (11652)
- Used cars in East of England (15445)
- Used cars in London (5534)
- Used cars in North East (4476)
- Used cars in North West (14308)
- Used cars in Scotland (6492)
- Used cars in South East (17203)
- Used cars in South West (8434)
- Used cars in Wales (5093)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8459)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12390)
No recent searches