Thankyou Ted!

Thankyou Ted!

Author
Discussion

slinky

Original Poster:

15,704 posts

210 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
Ted..

Thanks very much for creating this forum, we've needed something like this for quite a while!

slinky

mrsmadmark

3,541 posts

184 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
slinky said:
Ted..

Thanks very much for creating this forum, we've needed something like this for quite a while!

slinky

you beat me by 1 min, thought I was going to be the first to post banghead hehe

nice one Ted thumbup

maxc

197 posts

190 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
Great move! Perhaps we can organise a PH get-together at the National Finals at the end of the month. Since I'll not be racing, I may have a few drinks....

I'll be there as my girlfriend(the mad/rude/aggressive/blonde German) is picking up her new car - Kev Slyfield's 489ci '66 Pontiac Belvedere with a view to running it in the German Street Eliminator series. Should be fun, especially when we start to play with the nitrous systems!

Bowler

889 posts

172 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
New Member here

Thanks for creating the New Forum, for my favourite motor speort!

Cheers

slikk

2,135 posts

204 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
Thanks Ted. Looks like my productivity at work will reduce even further now thumbup

kim

slinky

Original Poster:

15,704 posts

210 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
maxc said:
Great move! Perhaps we can organise a PH get-together at the National Finals at the end of the month. Since I'll not be racing, I may have a few drinks....

I'll be there as my girlfriend(the mad/rude/aggressive/blonde German) is picking up her new car - Kev Slyfield's 489ci '66 Pontiac Belvedere with a view to running it in the German Street Eliminator series. Should be fun, especially when we start to play with the nitrous systems!


She bought it! Fantastic...

I'm up for the National Finals meet... I'll be there already..

slinky

hodgy587

676 posts

175 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
bounce Thanks ted.
I think a meet up is an excelent ideabeer

NitroWars

644 posts

172 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
Thanks from me too...

Furyous

19,330 posts

182 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
All, please be aware that this site is a much nicer place to be than some others, can I remind all the newbies that we dont have ANY naming or shaming on here, and no slagging off of anyone just coz you dont like them.
I appreciate Ted giving us our own forum, and do not want to lose it.

Play nicely now children.

Now, all we need to do is get all the big names that were on the d-world forum over here and I think we should be sorted.

PLEASE PASS THE WORD AROUND, PISTONHEADS IS THE PLACE TO BE !!


Full terms and conditions are here :
www.pistonheads.com/gassing/rules.htm
Please abide by them, or lose the forum.The choice is yours.

Edited by Furyous on Wednesday 13th September 18:11

hornet

6,333 posts

211 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
[Basil Fawlty] Don't mention funnycars...I did once, but I think I got away with it [/Basil Fawlty]

I miss the Dragsterworld forum, so I hope this forum stays civilised and doesn't go the same way.

So then, what happened to the EHRA.....?

*runs away*

Flying Toilet

3,621 posts

172 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
Lol at Hornet, good to have a new home for our favourite sport! Good to see a few Dragsterworld members already here. Anyway Horney Spuffard ran a 5.28 and Leif Helander ran 5.35 that will do for me!

MotorPsycho

1,126 posts

172 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
and Spuff's 5.28 was with a massive pedal around 330ft out, sweet run, as was Helander's great to see the the Viking getting on form

NuthinFancy

229 posts

172 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
i'll be there with the altered! lick

hornet

6,333 posts

211 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
The one thought I have had regarding the nitro FCs and the (current) lack of a UK championship, is that maybe we need some sort of domestic series as a "catch all" for all the currently homeless machinery? Some sort of "Pro Open" category for stuff running sub 6.50s maybe? That's a figure plucked out of thin air, but there must be enough methanol/nitro cars and dragsters currently sat doing nothing that could run in such a class, given the chance? Make a good top billing for national events without the running costs of a full FIA class. Maybe run it as a sort of Cannonball format - nitro vs methanol, FC vs dragster, maybe even pro mods? Whilst it's good to see the FIA series getting ever better in terms of professionalism and performance, it must be marginalising many of the smaller teams?

TheMighty

584 posts

172 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
Better join the fray then hadn't I...

Better introduce myself as well. Although my login is The Mighty... feel free to just call me Mighty, most do. I do have a real name, but it doesn't get used that often and I am a nitroholic. Although contrary to "popular" belief I actually have a lot of time for sportsman racing.

Quick congrats to Frosty for the 7's and to everyone at the Pod for a great weekend at the EF's, even though I missed Saturday afternoon.

How gutted am I... records, records and Spuff with his pedalling 5.2

Cheers for the Forum to the PH gang
Mighty



Edited by TheMighty on Wednesday 13th September 19:24

martind

1,962 posts

188 months

Wednesday 13th September 2006
quotequote all
maxc said:
............
I'll be there as my girlfriend(the mad/rude/aggressive/blonde German) is picking up her new car - Kev Slyfield's 489ci '66 Pontiac Belvedere.......

Errrr maxc , you might end up an ex boyfriend if you continue calling it a Pontiac vomit . It's a Plymouth , a MOPAR

tanya

29 posts

172 months

Thursday 14th September 2006
quotequote all
Thanks again! I shall play nicely, promise.

victormeldrew

8,293 posts

238 months

Friday 15th September 2006
quotequote all
This could be an interesting development on PH - a new forum that is actually car related and interesting!

redvictor

3,152 posts

198 months

Sunday 17th September 2006
quotequote all
TheMighty said:
Better join the fray then hadn't I...

Better introduce myself as well. Although my login is The Mighty... feel free to just call me Mighty, most do. I do have a real name, but it doesn't get used that often and I am a nitroholic. Although contrary to "popular" belief I actually have a lot of time for sportsman racing.

Quick congrats to Frosty for the 7's and to everyone at the Pod for a great weekend at the EF's, even though I missed Saturday afternoon.

How gutted am I... records, records and Spuff with his pedalling 5.2

Cheers for the Forum to the PH gang
Mighty




Edited by TheMighty on Wednesday 13th September 19:24


cheers Mighty... this forum is good news....

Edited by redvictor on Sunday 17th September 20:52

dragsterworld

42 posts

172 months

Sunday 17th September 2006
quotequote all
Great to see a new drag racing forum... I hope it is a success.

Gary Cottingham
www.dragsterword.com