The Definitive Guide to Gaydon-era ASTON MARTIN

The Definitive Guide to Gaydon-era ASTON MARTIN

Author
Discussion

Scamp's Walker

308 posts

167 months

Thursday 8th September 2011
quotequote all
Absolutely brilliant book, for what it's worth, I wholeheartedly agree with all the paraise and comments already expressed.

Predator247

43 posts

114 months

Monday 12th September 2011
quotequote all
Wow, what a book. It's straight to the point, easy to read and very informative.

I sat up until 02:30 reading it the night before my first test drive smile

Thank you

John

Grant3

3,536 posts

213 months

Tuesday 20th September 2011
quotequote all
Scamp's Walker said:
Absolutely brilliant book, for what it's worth, I wholeheartedly agree with all the praise and comments already expressed.
Predator247 said:
Wow, what a book. It's straight to the point, easy to read and very informative.
I sat up until 02:30 reading it the night before my first test drive smileThank you - John
Thanks guys - glad it has proved useful and good to see you found a great car John. thumbup


Grant3

3,536 posts

213 months

Tuesday 20th September 2011
quotequote all
Just a quick post with a few links to the latest videos from Frankfurt, they feature a couple of brand new "special editions" ..... read cosmetically tweaked DBS'(they will be in the next update and the third edition biggrin).

I particularly like the watch that opens the DBS - but as the saying goes if you have to ask.... eek
(That will be £20k sir!)

http://www.astonmartin.com/frankfurt
DBS Carbon edition
http://www.vimeo.com/28819184
http://www.vimeo.com/29114500
V12 Zagato
http://vimeo.com/28818408
Virage
http://vimeo.com/28819246

SimonSays

449 posts

233 months

Monday 10th October 2011
quotequote all
Just received my copy today smile Nicely packaged, so it arrived in good condition smile
As I now have the gaydon bible, I guess I'm doomed to buy the car ?

Is there a section about Sat Nav in there? biggrin Haven't started reading yet, just flipped through some pages smile

Grant3

3,536 posts

213 months

Tuesday 11th October 2011
quotequote all
SimonSays said:
Just received my copy today smile Nicely packaged, so it arrived in good condition smile
As I now have the gaydon bible, I guess I'm doomed to buy the car ?
Is there a section about Sat Nav in there? biggrin Haven't started reading yet, just flipped through some pages smile
Hi Simon - yup it's in the small print at the back - buy the book and you must buy the Aston to go with it biggrin I'm sure it will help you find the right one for you.

There are two dedicated pages covering the sat-nav (plus other coverage elsewhere in the book) and the main model year changes applied (09/10 and 12MY)- you can also update the earlier cars with newer DVD's - see page 174/5 - hope you enjoy it.
G

Mako V12V

3,134 posts

172 months

Friday 4th November 2011
quotequote all
Just ordered my copy as a Chrimbo pressie to oneself!

speech

383 posts

114 months

Tuesday 8th November 2011
quotequote all
Thumbs up from me too, the book is fantastic. Sheer bl**dy car p*rn... flick through all the pictures first, then go back and read the text, haha!

It's also quite honest - as well as praising what's good about the cars, there's criticism of things that aren't as they should be, such as items that are optional extras but should be standard on cars at these prices, or how rubbish the Volvo satnavs were, and inadequacy of the original Linn stereos in the DB9. Also has outstanding level of detail on what changed with each model year.

And did I mention the pictures? biggrin

Grant3

3,536 posts

213 months

Thursday 24th November 2011
quotequote all
speech said:
Thumbs up from me too, the book is fantastic. Sheer bl**dy car p*rn... flick through all the pictures first, then go back and read the text, haha!
Cheers Speech - don't forget to post pictures of the new steed when you make the move.
Mako V12V said:
Just ordered my copy as a Chrimbo pressie to oneself xmas
Pages 2 & 3 were just for you Phil wink

Aston Update - If you are thinking of buying new I have just been told that due to supply problems (the world shortage of various metals) all new Aston's are currently being supplied with the Piano Black upper fascia as standard - with no alloy options. Good thing the Piano Black looks great


Edited by Grant3 on Friday 9th December 14:12

Grant3

3,536 posts

213 months

Friday 9th December 2011
quotequote all
Hi All, just a quick update........

* NEW 3rd edition OUT NOW *

I'm pleased to say the guide has continued to sell well and an updated 3rd edition will be coming into stock at Sceptre Publishers on Monday 12th December - you can order through the usual link: www.astonmartinreview.co.uk -

The latest edition features a few new additions and tweaks/updates. These include details of the new DBS Carbon Editions launched at Frankfurt - four addition pages with enhanced coverage on the Virage/Rapide - these feature full specifications/options (2 each for Virage and Rapide). Plus a few other changes/additions.

I will be putting together a free PDF update for everyone that has already purchased the book, it may be a few weeks before I can get this out, but I'll pop a post on here once it is ready. There isn't any major news, I think that will come at the Geneva show in March!


Thanks for your support with the guide thumbup
Edited to add.. also makes a great Xmas gift xmasbiggrin

Edited by Grant3 on Friday 9th December 14:12

brumma

174 posts

115 months

Friday 23rd December 2011
quotequote all
Grant3 said:
Hi All, just a quick update........

* NEW 3rd edition OUT NOW *

I'm pleased to say the guide has continued to sell well and an updated 3rd edition will be coming into stock at Sceptre Publishers on Monday 12th December - you can order through the usual link: www.astonmartinreview.co.uk -

The latest edition features a few new additions and tweaks/updates. These include details of the new DBS Carbon Editions launched at Frankfurt - four addition pages with enhanced coverage on the Virage/Rapide - these feature full specifications/options (2 each for Virage and Rapide). Plus a few other changes/additions.

I will be putting together a free PDF update for everyone that has already purchased the book, it may be a few weeks before I can get this out, but I'll pop a post on here once it is ready. There isn't any major news, I think that will come at the Geneva show in March!


Thanks for your support with the guide thumbup
Edited to add.. also makes a great Xmas gift xmasbiggrin

Edited by Grant3 on Friday 9th December 14:12
Hi Grant. It still says 2nd edition on the webpage, so I just want to confirm that if we order now we will actually receive the 3rd edition.

JBE68

224 posts

106 months

Saturday 24th December 2011
quotequote all
I've just joined the forum as I'm considering my first Aston and following the excellent reviews, I've also just ordered the book.

Merry Christmas

Jeremy

woolders

873 posts

115 months

Sunday 25th December 2011
quotequote all
Just bought the car and love it so much that I have just ordered the book!

brumma

174 posts

115 months

Tuesday 27th December 2011
quotequote all
Looks like you fixed it. I've really enjoyed the first edition and decided I need to stay up to date, so I've Just placed an order for a copy of the new edition!

Thepetrolhead

17 posts

199 months

Tuesday 27th December 2011
quotequote all
I recently purchased the guide - 'Third Edition'.

I have read from cover-to-cover. I am looking to purchase an early Vantage V8 in 2012 and now have the additional knowledge ready for the search next year. biggrin

I research things to ‘death’, but this is without doubt an absolutely essential pre-purchase read. bow

All you need to know within 250 pages! cool

jamespconnor

280 posts

161 months

Thursday 2nd February 2012
quotequote all
Agreed with the above post.

I bought this earlier this month and read it cover to cover on my commutes. Absolutely fascinating and you cannot help being impressed with broadness of topics and amount of detail that it contains. Gave me everything I needed to know when buying my DB9 (see herebiggrin)

yeti

10,523 posts

233 months

Monday 6th February 2012
quotequote all
No idea why it took me so long, but have finally ordered a copy smile Look forward to getting it soon!

Maybe the next edition can have a section on >properly< modified cars? wink

superlightr

10,676 posts

221 months

Tuesday 7th February 2012
quotequote all
woolders said:
Just bought the car and love it so much that I have just ordered the book!
just ordered the book - hopefully a good sign that a DB9 will be mine one day......

HeadRanger

13 posts

104 months

Sunday 4th March 2012
quotequote all
I know someone's going to make me look daft, but how do I know which edition I have of this fantastic book? I'm pretty sure it's the third edition but I can't find it specifically mentioned anywhere!

Grant3

3,536 posts

213 months

Sunday 4th March 2012
quotequote all
HeadRanger said:
I know someone's going to make me look daft, but how do I know which edition I have of this fantastic book? I'm pretty sure it's the third edition but I can't find it specifically mentioned anywhere!
Hi HR, it is noted on the first right hand page, on the third edition the image on the page is the stunning overhead shot of the Cobalt Blue Vantage S
I hope you are enjoying the guide?